• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Paul Ryan's quote about knee jerk reactions and waiting for the facts pisses me off to no end. It's not just a reaction to this shooting, but all of them you tremendous soulless asshole.

A nineteen-year-old white racist with a troubled past - who had been expelled from the school - was able, thanks to the extremely lax gun control laws in this country, to buy an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and massacre seventeen fellow students and teachers. This scenario has also happened repeatedly since at least the Columbine shooting almost twenty years ago. What other "facts" is Ryan waiting to see? Could it be how much campaign cash the NRA is going to give him and his buddies for the fall?

Talk about the NRA not giving a damn about the safety of Americans and being pimps for the gun industry. FL law allows 18yo to buy rifles with no background check and no waiting period. Cruz went into a gun shop with his FL driver's license and walked out with an assault rifle.

Blaming media for mass shootings is lazy.

I was in HS at the time. Hitler's suicide was within a few weeks of his birthday, and roughly 1/2 our students skipped that day (not out of protest, out of a combination of fear and wanting to watch Jerry Springer). Also, since the war on drugs wasn't unpopular at the time, we had some officials bring up the marijuana thing (how I learned about it,actually) and try to tie it to the shooting.

there seems to be zero coordination and probably zero data sharing between a myriad of organizations that may have intervened somewhere along the way possibly to help prevent this obviously deranged kid from becoming a mass murderer

Seems, probably, possibly.

Clown shoes

Last edited:
The most responsible organizations for the this tragedy are the NRA, FL Legislature and Gov. Rick Scott. Because of them, any 18 yo in FL with a driver's license is able to walk into any gun shop and buy a rifle or assault weapon and buy it without a background check or waiting period.

It's easier in FL to buy an AR-15 than a beer or even a handgun. Those who this possible are the first many levels of blame. It's a shame they can't be held accountable for what they have done.

I admire the young lady's chutzpah to say that was the last mass shooting ever. I must side with the Globe on that prediction though:

DWKkEAGXkAEKvuH.jpg:large

I guess you’re right.

Sadly he can’t console them. He has nothing to say to them or he would have seen them.

I was embarrassed he stood with the first responders and took pics. Great he acknowledged them but yea, the families of these kids needed a leader to help them.

I’m disgusted.

It’s not his job to console them. It’s his job to listen.

I still can't believe we did nothing after Sandy Hook.

Future generations are going to look at this period in history and say we are all awful awful human beings.

Blocking any changes in response to Sandy Hook is the greatest victory in the history of the NRA.

FYI, here's the pinned tweet for the Twitter account for the 4/20 walkout:

FYI, here's the pinned tweet for the Twitter account for the 4/20 walkout:

There was a very touching film along this line.

Kids protesting worked in the movies. If you haven't seen Amazing Grace & Chuck, it's worth findnig.

Maybe this is the issue that will finally get 18 year olds out to the polls in large numbers.

Back