• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

If I'm understanding the story correctly, the chased him down because they suspected him to be a burglar? They grabbed their guns and chased him down because they believed he was boosting property? We care so much more about stuff than people in this country.

If I'm understanding the story correctly, the chased him down because they suspected him to be a burglar? They grabbed their guns and chased him down because they believed he was boosting property? We care so much more about stuff than people in this country.

Somehow, this is from the "pro-life" crowd.

I believe the current DA has said they will get it before a grand jury. Will take some time with covid, though. But how many murderers are free as a bird before their trial and not behind bars? It’s a sickening situation.

This story makes quite the contrast with the protests up in Michigan. There you've got mostly middle-aged white guys waving guns around and confronting capitol police with virtually no consequences. Here a guy is killed because he was "mistaken" for a burglar, and the local police apparently did little to nothing about it. One wonders what would happen if a large number of black or Latino or Asian-American protesters carrying guns showed up at the Michigan or Georgia statehouses. Somehow I don't think they would be allowed to roam around with little to no consequences.

Nothing would make me happier than beating those white trash motherfuckers with a 7iron until their underdeveloped brain tissue was splattered all over their immediate family

Why do I watch videos like that? Fucking awful

Gotta say, even some people on my facebook feed on the wrong side of the Trayvon Martin issue seem to have drawn a line in the sand with this one.

Did you explain that this was exactly like Zimmerman killing Trayvon before the video evidence came to light?

Well, now you're going too far ph!

This country has so many idiots and assholes some days it's really disheartening.

Too many people say this first part of this like the murder would be more excusable if the victim was (or, winds up being) the burglar.

I know that's not your angle... but, that mentality is out there in so many of these cases with an unarmed person of color... And, shockingly, it's almost entirely from the side that claims to be for 'law and order'.

The penalty for petty larceny is not death in this country. Not at the hands of the police. And, especially not by some slack-jawwed yokels on the side of a country road.

Too many people say this first part of this like the murder would be more excusable if the victim was (or, winds up being) the burglar.

I know that's not your angle... but, that mentality is out there in so many of these cases with an unarmed person of color... And, shockingly, it's almost entirely from the side that claims to be for 'law and order'.

The penalty for petty larceny is not death in this country. Not at the hands of the police. And, especially not by some slack-jawwed yokels on the side of a country road.

That’s what I’m getting at. Even if you take the race angle out of this (that’s patently absurd, but millions of maga idiots claim to want a race blind society), this whole tragedy is because some asshole rubes pulled a gun on a guy over some jewelry.

Fuck that noise.

That’s what I’m getting at. Even if you take the race angle out of this (that’s patently absurd, but millions of maga idiots claim to want a race blind society), this whole tragedy is because some asshole rubes pulled a gun on a guy over some jewelry.

Fuck that noise.

To be fair, they’re consistent. The same folks want to put their lives at risk for the “economy.”

To be fair, they’re consistent. The same folks want to put their lives at risk for the “economy.”

That was my original point. It’s a fundamental American value to place property over people.

Fuck that noise.

yep, a whole shitload of white cracker Americans believe that you deserve it if you are committing even a non-violent crime like loitering or playing loud music or shoplifting. They want to be Billy bad-ass TV vigilante's with their flabby arms and man-tits

Nothing would make me happier than beating those white trash motherfuckers with a 7iron until their underdeveloped brain tissue was splattered all over their immediate family

Why do I watch videos like that? Fucking awful

I get the sentiment, but damn, this may point to some deep-seeded issues. I think a simple Cookout Tray would make me much happier.

Back