• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
ITT, I'll be posting stories I come across that demonstrate the consequences of our gun problem in this country

http://www.wral.com/police-uncle-accidentally-shot-nephew-on-hunting-trip/11923679/

North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission officers, who took over the investigation from the Wake County Sheriff's Office, said preliminary findings show 30-year-old Jason Matthews Harper accidentally shot his nephew, James Lee Parker, with a 12-gauge shotgun during the excursion.

A spokesman for the agency said Harper had an "improperly acquired" hunting license and had not taken a mandatory free hunting education course. He was not charged Friday.

NC should outlaw improperly obtaining permits and then shooting your nephew.

Are you being serious? Start with the 12 year girl in Oklahoma who shot the creepster breaking into her house and the CCW permit holder in Florida who shot the two guys who tried to rob the gaming parlor. Those are just
The most recent examples I can think of off the top of my head.

Are you being serious? Start with the 12 year girl in Oklahoma who shot the creepster breaking into her house and the CCW permit holder in Florida who shot the two guys who tried to rob the gaming parlor. Those are just

Facepalm

These guys are nice counter examples to that one

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/...oting-of-whiny-little-caesars-pizza-customer/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/3...-station-draws-comparisons-to-trayvon-martin/

If there is a gun in the home where abuse is happening, you are 1200% more likely to be killed.

Reactions: Go
Probably a good place to say that a woman was shot and killed for shoplifting by a security officer at a Walmart here in Houston. This happened two days ago.

Just to give some perspective on how often good guys use guns. This website collects news stories from around the U.S. It's really surprising to me that we dont hear more about these stories, 700 in the last 18 months?
http://gunssavelives.net/

Just to give some perspective on how often good guys use guns. This website collects news stories from around the U.S. It's really surprising to me that we dont hear more about these stories, 700 in the last 18 months?
http://gunssavelives.net/

Most of these stories are "someone tried to steal something, but someone had a gun so the bad guy died"

We generally agree that the state shouldn't kill someone for robberies, yet we're fine when citizens take it upon themselves to do so. The fact that the website is called "gunssaveslives" is almost comical, given that most of the stories involve deaths where there would be none otherwise.

Last edited:
LOL at the Editors note

A homeowner in Sacramento is being treated for non life threatening wounds after successfully fighting off 3 armed home invaders who tried to attack his home last night.

The homeowner grabbed a weapon after 3 armed men tried to break into the home, and opened fire.

The homeowner was shot by one of the suspects, but he managed to shoot all 3 suspects. One of the shot suspects died at the scene and the other 2 are being detained by police as they try to figure out exactly what happened.

Residents say there were children in the home at the time of the attempted home invasion. There may have been a children’s slumber party going on at the time of the attack.

Editor’s note: We are thankful that the homeowner was fast acting and armed or we could be talking about a mass murder of children at a slumber party today.

So in this editors mind, people go into a house to rob it and without resistance the likely outcome would be the mass murder of children in a slumber party.

No offense, but posting links such as the above generally makes you look like a lunatic, and why the idea of you walking around with a gun scares the crap outta me.

You don't need to defend your flat screen television with lethal force. I got into my car the other day and noticed my glove compartment open and center console open when I got in. Someone rumaged around and I have nothing in there so didn't notice anything missing. If I caught the guy should I have killed him if I was carrying? My worry is you would have, since you read these stories and see positive stories of people standing up for themselves.

If the average gun owner were to purchase insurance for their personal property that could be stolen in a home invasion it would likely cost you like $3 per month, i.e. an amount significantly less than you have spent on your guns.

Granted the price of coyote insurance is reaching unaffordable levels these days.

Last edited:
Back