• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

catholic university of america isn't exactly a famous school so yeah, i thought you meant a cardinal

Anyone else feel kinda bad about perpetuating the Santa thing? Maybe it's just me but the lying comes so naturally now it feels damn near pathological.

Anyone else feel kinda bad about perpetuating the Santa thing? Maybe it's just me but the lying comes so naturally now it feels damn near pathological.

Whimsy and magic are important parts of childhood, and there are few parts of our shared cultural experience that bring quite as much.

I get all that. And I know in the long run it's no biggie. When you are actually doing it it just feels off.

It bothers me the tiniest bit, as I pride myself on talking straight to the chillens, but damn it, they love Santa Claus and everything involving the mythology.

I try to deemphasize the whole "do this or Santa won't bring you presents " deal, but I can't deny them the Santa LIE.

Merry Christmas to my fellow Pit parents assembling Hot WWheels tracks , bikes, and play kitchens this evening.

Merry Christmas, Pit Parents. Hope you are all enjoying the magic of Christmas this morning.

I assembled a bike last night, which I think finally makes me an official parent.

We had A LOT of fun with the wrapping paper this morning
c88d34f26d91b1a20949aa32824fd244.jpg

Your kid looks weirdly similar to what my mom looked like 50+ years ago

Holy shit my mom just held the baby and ad libbed words like "you are just a fuss budget, fuss budget, fuss budget....you are just a fuss budget....yes you are...........you are just a booger boy, booger boy........" for like 20 minutes until someone in the kitchen broke a glass and ended the madness. I'm not sure it was an accident. Jesus I was about to just go outside but I was elbow deep into putting together a toy for the 6 year old and didn't want to stop. She is 75 and doesnt get to see him much and he's her only grandbaby but holy shit

First Christmas where kids are old enough to play with cousins on their own while we get to sit around and drink. Winning.

I assembled a bike last night, which I think finally makes me an official parent.

Haha I put this together last night and texted my parents that I finally felt like a parent. My mom said it doesn't count until I'm putting it together at midnight.

k2-_f8874250-a2c0-41fb-94a7-1b59d90d0754.v3.jpg

Awar we have one of those we are about to give away. You could have had it!

Anyone want to do their best Maddox impression and grade Birdie's artwork?

b1ed9ccb4ef2c339a8725b95e88f1854.jpg

Haha I put this together last night and texted my parents that I finally felt like a parent. My mom said it doesn't count until I'm putting it together at midnight.

k2-_f8874250-a2c0-41fb-94a7-1b59d90d0754.v3.jpg

Last year Mrs. Karma and I were up until 4 am putting stuff together.

Awar we have one of those we are about to give away. You could have had it!

Anyone want to do their best Maddox impression and grade Birdie's artwork?

b1ed9ccb4ef2c339a8725b95e88f1854.jpg

first off, make sure that your photo makes sense before you make up a word, "birdie." slepbub? more like deranged frog lady who is too cheap to get a skirt that fits her waist. also, "slepbub" looks pretty malnourished so i think I'm going to call the triad child services to make sure everyone is well fed and not forced to watch the 2014-15 Los Angeles Lakers.

Back