• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

ding ding

The second b should be a d. She spelled it out herself. Not bad for a four year old.

Yeah, despite the blow-job lips I'm pretty impressed with her spelling/writing.

Holy shit my mom just held the baby and ad libbed words like "you are just a fuss budget, fuss budget, fuss budget....you are just a fuss budget....yes you are...........you are just a booger boy, booger boy........" for like 20 minutes until someone in the kitchen broke a glass and ended the madness. I'm not sure it was an accident. Jesus I was about to just go outside but I was elbow deep into putting together a toy for the 6 year old and didn't want to stop. She is 75 and doesnt get to see him much and he's her only grandbaby but holy shit

My mom does the same shit. Drives me nuts.

Had the first real injury scare for Little Girl this morning. I was sitting at the kitchen counter holding her by the waist making faces at her while she was standing up on the counter, and she just pitched herself forward like a crazy person out of my arms and did a header off the counter about 4 feet to the hardwood floor below. Picked her up and she had a nice cut on her head that was bleeding down her face. Scared the beejesus out of me and Wife, as we thought for a sec it was curtains. Fortunately the bleeding stopped pretty quick (no stitches required) and she is fine, but that was terrifying. Kids, man.

Had the first real injury scare for Little Girl this morning. I was sitting at the kitchen counter holding her by the waist making faces at her while she was standing up on the counter, and she just pitched herself forward like a crazy person out of my arms and did a header off the counter about 4 feet to the hardwood floor below. Picked her up and she had a nice cut on her head that was bleeding down her face. Scared the beejesus out of me and Wife, as we thought for a sec it was curtains. Fortunately the bleeding stopped pretty quick (no stitches required) and she is fine, but that was terrifying. Kids, man.

Satan made her do it.

She's a crazy little broad, that's for sure. The boy was fairly cautious as a youngster, but she has no fear. I've already called it by predicting she is a future snowboard cross champion.

First scare we had was my son seeing the all state "mayhem" dude falling down the stairs, then emulating him. Kids do some stupid shit.

I'm pretty good about "defensive parenting" where I watch out for potential idiocy which may harm my boys, but they still occasionally out-dumb me.

My daughter has been working on cutting her last 4 teeth (the fangs) for seemingly the last month, during which time she has eaten nothing. It is driving us crazy. I don't know how she is surviving.

So one of my good friends had pre-eclampsia and delivered 5 weeks early via emergency c-section back on December 5. The baby has been pretty healthy (although small), and they were able to get out of the hospital after I think only 4 nights.

But now my friend has postpartum depression and it is so so sad. I have known friends of friends to have it, but no one I'm really close to before this. We went to visit last night, and she said she has not been happy since the birth and has not bonded with the baby at all. She's had thoughts about suicide and is just really down. She finally went to the doctor yesterday (because she yelled at the baby for not nursing well and put her down too hard) and got a prescription and a few referrals to psychiatrists so I hope those help. It's really tough to know what to do or say because it's all chemical and hormonal and you can't just say "it'll be better soon." Just sad and scary.

I feel like she may also have some sort of PTSD from the birth as well since she was basically told she could die if she waited too long to deliver, then she had to be put under completely for the c-section, and she didn't get to see her daughter for like 26 hours after the birth. Pretty traumatic.

My daughter has been working on cutting her last 4 teeth (the fangs) for seemingly the last month, during which time she has eaten nothing. It is driving us crazy. I don't know how she is surviving.

my dude got the fangs first so he made a pretty sweet vampire for halloween

The Bug has had her first 4 top and bottom plus her first 4 molars (so 12 total teeth) since this summer. The top fangs are FINALLY coming in. No sign of the bottom ones yet. Funny how they come in different orders.

So one of my good friends had pre-eclampsia and delivered 5 weeks early via emergency c-section back on December 5. The baby has been pretty healthy (although small), and they were able to get out of the hospital after I think only 4 nights.

But now my friend has postpartum depression and it is so so sad. I have known friends of friends to have it, but no one I'm really close to before this. We went to visit last night, and she said she has not been happy since the birth and has not bonded with the baby at all. She's had thoughts about suicide and is just really down. She finally went to the doctor yesterday (because she yelled at the baby for not nursing well and put her down too hard) and got a prescription and a few referrals to psychiatrists so I hope those help. It's really tough to know what to do or say because it's all chemical and hormonal and you can't just say "it'll be better soon." Just sad and scary.

I feel like she may also have some sort of PTSD from the birth as well since she was basically told she could die if she waited too long to deliver, then she had to be put under completely for the c-section, and she didn't get to see her daughter for like 26 hours after the birth. Pretty traumatic.

Oh man, this is probably one of my greatest fears. All of this: Scary delivery + postpartum.
Many good thoughts and vibes for your friend (and her husband, who I'm sure is also reeling with all of that)...

I'm glad your friend is getting help. I can't imagine all of those extraneous circumstances on top of the hormone fuck that comes with birth already.

I was in a pretty bad place for a few weeks after I gave birth but thankfully didn't feel much frustration towards the baby, just general hopelessness.

I had the baby blues with both kiddos but managed to avoid oust partum depression. Can't imagine how hard that would be.
Also, working in "the birth community"has made me realize how fortunate I am to have had two relatively ideal births. PTSD from birth is really prevalent

Back