• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

I need some gift help. A friend of ours is having a baby soon. Their oldest is 2 years old. I want to get her a gift but I'm clueless as to what to get. What do your recommend as a big sister gift for a two year old?

I need some gift help. A friend of ours is having a baby soon. Their oldest is 2 years old. I want to get her a gift but I'm clueless as to what to get. What do your recommend as a big sister gift for a two year old?

Anything with Elsa and/or Anna on it.

Technically Elsa is a queen.

And what's your problem with the princesses?

Technically Elsa is a queen.

And what's your problem with the princesses?

I hated them and Barbies growing up. I would occasionally get them growing up and would promptly donate to charity or give to my sister. In fact I didn't even play with baby dolls.

I hated them and Barbies growing up. I would occasionally get them growing up and would promptly donate to charity or give to my sister. In fact I didn't even play with baby dolls.

You aren't getting this gift for yourself.

yeah, i actually think a baby doll is a good gift to get a big sibling of that age.

You aren't getting this gift for yourself.

I realize that however I just keep coming back to at that age I would not have liked that. I'm trying to come up with something that won't be offensive. I know I was a wierd girl growing up, as I was happier outside, in the garden, or hunting than playing dolls. Thankfully my parents embraced that and I got things like rockets and grow kits. I'm trying to come up with something cool but not a doll or Disney princess.

Did you ask her parents what she's into?

I realize that however I just keep coming back to at that age I would not have liked that. I'm trying to come up with something that won't be offensive. I know I was a wierd girl growing up, as I was happier outside, in the garden, or hunting than playing dolls. Thankfully my parents embraced that and I got things like rockets and grow kits. I'm trying to come up with something cool but not a doll or Disney princess.

she's 2.
what about a stuffed animal puppy or something?

also, think about this: you probably want to get something that she can play with without adult supervision, since mom and dad will be in New Baby mode.

bmoney - what was Birdie into when Rambo came along?

2 year olds are easy:

Books

Art books (color wonder is nice for them)

Puzzle blocks (Melissa and Doug's are really nice)

Stuffed animal

Play food set

Anything easy to build (mega blocks, duplo, maybe. Something bigger would be better)

Back