• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

The%2BKluneberg%252C%2BOct.%2B7%252C%2B2010%2BEpisode.jpg

hey pit parents-- Any recommendations for good books for dudes who expect to be a dad in the near-ish future and are kind of excited and terrified? Asking for a friend.

So, ETA on #3 is less than a month now. Fun times with Forsyth not allowing kids to visit, so I have to figure out what the shit we are going to do with them and when/if I'll be able to visit with the wife and new kid between birth and coming home. No family within 1000 miles and who knows on availability of friends. F you, flu.

Do/did any if your kids move around in the crib a bunch and wake him/her self up? Squirrel's had some extra wake ups and sleep issues lately and a lot of the time it seems like it's because he's gotten wedged in the corner or something.

Do/did any if your kids move around in the crib a bunch and wake him/her self up? Squirrel's had some extra wake ups and sleep issues lately and a lot of the time it seems like it's because he's gotten wedged in the corner or something.

Yes. Kids are crazy sleepers. I wouldn't try to read much into any sleeping patterns. They are always changing.

Yes. Wait until the kid is slightly more mobile, starts moving around in its sleep, and you get the dreaded "THUNK" followed by crying.

And even when littler, my boys would get their legs stuck in between the slats of the crib at least once a month.

Yeah I had to put in a mesh bumper because he got his legs stuck a few times. The getting stuck and waking himself up is only a problem because then he wants to eat so then I'm up.

Both kids, every night. For the older one it kind of morphed to a comfort zone and he'd seek it out.

hey pit parents-- Any recommendations for good books for dudes who expect to be a dad in the near-ish future and are kind of excited and terrified? Asking for a friend.

i was given this one when we were expecting our first "Crawling: A Father's First Year"

http://smile.amazon.com/Crawling-Fa...=UTF8&qid=1421250046&sr=1-1&keywords=crawling

it's a collection of essays/experiences about the author's first year with his new daughter. it was quite touching and a very quick read. though the black label works as well.

Yes. Wait until the kid is slightly more mobile, starts moving around in its sleep, and you get the dreaded "THUNK" followed by crying.

And even when littler, my boys would get their legs stuck in between the slats of the crib at least once a month.

Followed by the trip to the ER for stitches. BOO!

But yeah, E moves a lot, S never moves at all. When he does wake up in the night, I just go in, give him his pacifier, turn on this soothing seahorse that he is addicted to (Thanks, Husky!) and he's back to sleep (Thanks, Dr. Ferber). Whereas, E ended up sleeping in the bed with me last night and Matt slept in his bed. I hate sleep issues.

Hi parents. I'm so happy that young Wakefield Anderson Baker is sleeping pretty much through the night now at 3 months.

Problem is, he just doesn't go down for naps in the daytime and gets fussy. Im at work but I think it is driving his mother crazy

We are having a collage aged neighbor come over to watch our 2 year old's monitor tonight for four hours while we go to a movie. She will likely not even come into contact with him. She is basically there to make sure the house doesn't burn down. How much should we pay her?

Back