• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Highly recommend not getting a separate changing table. Put a changing pad on top of a dresser (or get a combo dresser/changer).

Agree with this. We have a dresser with room for a changing pad from a Barewood Furniture. It has lasted us very well for 5.5 straight years of changing diapers.

Also, if you don't already have it, we found Baby Bargains to be a good resources for everything from nursery furniture to clothing to strollers to other registry staples.

Yeah we found an old dresser at an estate sale or something that was the perfect height, and I refinished it and changed the knobs to match the room, and stuck the changing pad on top of it. Like Ph, we're into the 6th year of changing diapers on it and keeping kids' clothes and other crap in it.

I don't think the still sell the one we have, but has a mini-closet on the elevated side of the dresser so it serves as a headboard. It's big enough that my 39" 2.5 year old fits on it perfectly.

Also, if you don't already have it, we found Baby Bargains to be a good resources for everything from nursery furniture to clothing to strollers to other registry staples.

googled this, the book? I would think it would just say search yard sales, mom list serves, etc. right?

We have a changing table in the main room, and are glad we have it. Have a changing pad in our bedroom on the dresser and another in the nursery. We also have twins, so we are constantly changing babies and in multiple locations.

We have a changing table in the main room, and are glad we have it. Have a changing pad in our bedroom on the dresser and another in the nursery. We also have twins, so we are constantly changing babies and in multiple locations.

In the early days we did this too. Now we never use the downstairs one or our bedroom but it was key when we were changing him a lot

re: Baby Bargains - it's not as much places to buy stuff but more on specific brands (as Chic said). It helps when you're trying to decide between a few things (e.g. different furniture manufacturers may be rated differently in terms of durability or you can read about the different strollers you're deciding between to see what best fits your budget and lifestyle)

Both our kids hated the changing table anyway. Our "changing table" was a portable changing mat on the floor. #ratchetparenting

i've had the "hot dog" song from mickey mouse clubhouse stuck in my head all day. fuck.

that is all.

Does anyone resent how their kids act towards their wife/husband? I.e - do they like one of yall more than they other?

My wife can get pretty frustrated because my boys are closer to me and obey me far better. Honestly, I just play with them more and am more fair to them, I think. Bothers her some though.

My kids argue about which one gets to read with mom at bedtime. Pisses me off, makes me feel like a leper.

E and I have very similar personalities so we tend to clash a little more. So far S is much more like Matt and so I think our relationship will be a little smoother. E goes through phases where he only wants or likes one of us but overall he probably prefers Matt (I think just because of the sort of "opposites" personality thing).

The boy prefers mommy, but he did survive for like a year by sucking on her titty, so I don't take it personally. He likes me too and he probably follows direction from me better than mom, so we're cool.

Yes, my wife gets pretty upset that our daughter is a Daddy's girl. Sometimes pins it back on me that I am a bigger pushover than her (which is 100% true)

Our daughter pretty much only wanted her mom for her first 4 years. I didn't resent it, but since my wife works weekends, it made for some rough times when she was overtired/inconsolable and just wanted her when she was at work.

Our adopted son prefers me, and while it has leveled out some as he's gotten older, I think it really hurt her.

Back