• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

the 2 1/2 yo boy prefer mom. at bed time he always wants mom but usually i can get him to stop complaining and get over it. he is more needy toward his mom than he is with me as well. it rarely bothers me since it's nothing personal. the 5 yo daughter is closer to 50/50 "it's dad/mom 's turn tonight" etc. however, she probably does favor me. when she was about 18 mos old she went a few months of extreme mommy attachment. that was tough on both of us because mom could not do anything without her wanting to be picked up/fussing etc. i was away for 4 nights and when i came back she pretty much was broken of that and really happy to have me back. it's been daddy's girl ever since. during that time my wife asked if it upset me that she favored her so extremely. my response was "it's ok because when she turns 13 she will hate you and like me." the look of disappointment-dread on her face was priceless.

As the father of two girls (15 and 12), this is so fucking true.

My folks have taken the boy to spend the night with them the past couple of Tuesdays so they can do some fun stuff on Wednesday and, man, the difference between having 2 and suddenly having 1 is so stark. Of course we always heard that before we had the 2nd one, but it's so damn true. Managing one kid is a breeze.

crazy. scares me for the summer. guessing that its not too normal to cut it close like that? Congrats!

I said something to the nurses (there was no time for a doc) about how I'm sure that was routine for them but a little hectic for me and they were like "bro, we get fast ones, but that was something else." They barely got her into a bed before delivery. Eek.

My folks have taken the boy to spend the night with them the past couple of Tuesdays so they can do some fun stuff on Wednesday and, man, the difference between having 2 and suddenly having 1 is so stark. Of course we always heard that before we had the 2nd one, but it's so damn true. Managing one kid is a breeze.

Yes. 2 to 1 is basically the same as 1 to 0. So easy.

So we had the baby girl this morning. Woke up at 4:55, got to Forsyth at 5:15, baby was born at 5:25. Adrenaline rush, for real.

Too early for scotch?

That's unreal.

Damn....we came so close to Hal having to deliver that baby himself in his garage. I'm happy for you, Hal, and glad everything turned out well, but honestly a little disappointed we didn't get that.

Damn....we came so close to Hal having to deliver that baby himself in his garage. I'm happy for you, Hal, and glad everything turned out well, but honestly a little disappointed we didn't get that.
Man, that's no joke. My wife considered taking a shower before we left. Had that happened, I would have had to do the business.

4:55? You were probably on your third set of curls by then. You should have stopped by to help out.

Man, that's no joke. My wife considered taking a shower before we left. Had that happened, I would have had to do the business.

You would have done GREAT. I assume you would have recorded the entire process with your iPhone so we could all have watched it later.

That's crazy timing! Congrats! We are basically across town (good 20+ min without traffic and much longer in rush hour) from our hospital so I was kind of glad I was induced. Had a neighborhood friend deliver at home (unplanned).

Another good friend's water just broke this morning so looks like her kid and yours may have the same birthday!

Back