• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

So baby Rambo is now a month old. He's a much easier baby than Birdie was. He's sleeping 5-6 hours at a time at night and is generally a happy baby. By this point with Birdie, she was sleeping no more than 2-3 hours at a time and every evening between 5 and 7 PM she would cry non-stop. That was not fun.

E was like that until the 4 month sleep regression, and then it all fell apart. But mainly because I was trying to finish my dissertation and could not get up and rock him back to sleep every 1.5 hours. At like 5 weeks there were about 5 days where he went through "witching hour" stuff and cried unless he was nursing from 7-11 pm. I was stuck in a chair. That sucked.

Just posted about this on FB but figured I'd share here. I was dropping off Birdie at daycare and she just looked at me and out of the blue said, "Daddy I'm your best friend and you are my best friend too." It was so unbelievably sweet. Actually choked me up just a little.

monster congrats to ladydeac on the arrival of ladydeacbaby!

Just posted about this on FB but figured I'd share here. I was dropping off Birdie at daycare and she just looked at me and out of the blue said, "Daddy I'm your best friend and you are my best friend too." It was so unbelievably sweet. Actually choked me up just a little.

There is nothing like those little moments. Eat them up while you can because before you know it is going to be. "I am my own person now daddy and I don't need you any more".

monster congrats to ladydeac on the arrival of ladydeacbaby!

WOOT CITY!

Welcome to the club!

Thanks, all!

The little one arrived late on Thursday, May 30. 7lbs 9ozs and we brought her home yesterday. She's napping on LadyDeacToy right now.

375008_902380300553_503013371_n.jpg

969911_902430988973_918585339_n.jpg

Little one (7 months) sick (stomach bug) for the first time tonight. No fun.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Resurrecting the parenting thread to ask for some advice re: Homecoming

It's my 10-year reunion this year, so I'd like to come, but with what will be a 4.5 month old come mid-October, we're trying to figure out if it makes sense to come down. Luckily my aunt and uncle live in W-S and so we have a free place to stay and babysitters, but since I'll still be nursing then, we can only leave la bambina with others for so long (likely will have a couple pumped bottles, but I simply can't go that long without her eating either).

My question(s) are mostly related to the football game. Do any of you have experience/tips bringing a baby around this age to a tailgate and/or game? Do you know if there are any facilities where I could nurse her not in the stands? Or changing tables in any bathrooms? We thought about maybe just going to the tailgate and skipping the game if need be. I haven't been back since my 5-year, and was obviously more interested in drinking then than in infant care!

Thanks much!

Usually they will let you nurse in the first aid station at stadiums (though I admit I haven't done it at Groves). E was much older and nursing much less by the time we did football games but we did take him to the nlcs and nlds and other cards games/ hockey games etc. and he did fine and we were able to nurse discreetly in the stands or at first aid stations.

Resurrecting the parenting thread to ask for some advice re: Homecoming

It's my 10-year reunion this year, so I'd like to come, but with what will be a 4.5 month old come mid-October, we're trying to figure out if it makes sense to come down. Luckily my aunt and uncle live in W-S and so we have a free place to stay and babysitters, but since I'll still be nursing then, we can only leave la bambina with others for so long (likely will have a couple pumped bottles, but I simply can't go that long without her eating either).

My question(s) are mostly related to the football game. Do any of you have experience/tips bringing a baby around this age to a tailgate and/or game? Do you know if there are any facilities where I could nurse her not in the stands? Or changing tables in any bathrooms? We thought about maybe just going to the tailgate and skipping the game if need be. I haven't been back since my 5-year, and was obviously more interested in drinking then than in infant care!

Thanks much!

We took our son to football games when he was 7 mo. Changed him in the bathroom, wife nursed in the stands. Screw modesty, there was a game on.

We took our son to football games when he was 7 mo. Changed him in the bathroom, wife nursed in the stands. Screw modesty, there was a game on.

So there are changing tables in the bathrooms? I'll make the nursing thing work. But changing in the stands or on the concourse wouldn't be ideal.

Also, just read back through this thread. Some good stuff. I had read it all when it was first written, but certainly more helpful to read now that the baby is actually here. As I believe Matt said, you really have no idea what you'll need/use or what will work for you until you actually have a kid.

Our little bug had been sleeping next to our bed in a rock n play sleeper since we brought her home, and has just spent the last two nights in the sleeper in her nursery. We thought that might be an easier transition before moving her into her crib. First two nights went well, so hopefully she keeps it up. Been sleeping from around 11:30pm-5:30am, which isn't horrible, but I sort of wish she could hold on for an extra half hour til 6am (that just sounds better than waking up to something that starts with a "5")

Also not looking forward to going back to work September 3. These last 12 weeks have gone by too quickly.

They have family bathrooms in the concourse now which I presume have decent changing areas. Birdie went to her first game at 6 weeks which we of course lost on a last minute drive. Can't remember if it was GT or Navy. She was at both that year.

Even the non-family women's rooms have changing tables, I have had to change E at many games (I missed this part of your question the first time around)

Back