• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Definitely true for us. When considering kid #2, wife claimed that she actually enjoyed being pregnant. During pregnancy for progeny #2, she was like "WTF was I thinking?" To be fair though, pregnancy 1 was super easy for her and #2 was far more difficult in terms of sickness and breathing and what not.

There was no way she was considering a C-section though. She did enough rotations in OB to know that's definitely not what she wanted if it could be avoided, especially when considering having a whole gaggle of kids. Probably not a big deal if only having 1 or even 2, though even 1 freaks me out a little bit.
Were they the same gender? Just curious as this pregnancy being harder sickness wise makes me think maybe it's a girl...

Were they the same gender? Just curious as this pregnancy being harder sickness wise makes me think maybe it's a girl...

Yeah, 2 boys. She broke her tailbone in the first delivery though, so I think the lingering effects partially were causing a whole host of issues with her comfort and the way she could lay, etc. for the 2nd. Could have just been the way #2 was in the womb or some shit though, I don't know.

Yeah, 2 boys. She broke her tailbone in the first delivery though, so I think the lingering effects partially were causing a whole host of issues with her comfort and the way she could lay, etc. for the 2nd. Could have just been the way #2 was in the womb or some shit though, I don't know.

yeah, we'll find out Friday whether my hypothesis about this one being a girl is true, but I don't have any lingering issues from E's birth to contend with

I'm glad other people are dealing with these issues. I've seen way too much "pregnancy is beautiful" crap lately. I'm sure it's beautiful to people who haven't been through it or choose to forget, but it's not beautiful for us right now. My wife is still in her bathrobe in bed right now after texting her boss and telling him she can't come in. I know I complain about how cold the house is and how incredibly emotional she is, but I'm not the one to complain right now. I just feel bad for her now.

Bumping this for a question. Anyone have experience with flat spots and misshaped baby domes? Or torticollis (stiff neck)? Baby Harvey is now 4.5 months old. He's got a lopsided dome because he always sleeps,lays with his head turned to one side.

We started physical therapy today and we aren't supposed to ever have him laying down on his back when he is awake.

overdue update. lil Harv ended up having to wear a helmet for 4 months to fix his flat spot. He is 10 months old today and its his last full day in the helmet. We start doing 50% day/100% night for a week, just nights for a week, and then he is done.

It was a scary decision in the beginning but we are so glad we did it. You can hardly see any asymmetry with his dome now.

941304_10101805121923150_1005346111_n.jpg

9 month pic

I'll brag on my wife but she beasted both pregnancies and deliveries like a bauce. I never remember her really complaining. I was prepared for a lot worse.

overdue update. lil Harv ended up having to wear a helmet for 4 months to fix his flat spot. He is 10 months old today and its his last full day in the helmet. We start doing 50% day/100% night for a week, just nights for a week, and then he is done.

It was a scary decision in the beginning but we are so glad we did it. You can hardly see any asymmetry with his dome now.

Awesome that he's doing well. Friends and family who haven't gone through pregnancy keep asking if I have any fears about the baby not sleeping well or crying too much or dealing with diapers or whatever. Meanwhile, I'm praying every night that she'll have ten fingers, ten toes, and a heartbeat. It's crazy how much things change once you see that first sono and just want the baby to be healthy.

Awesome that he's doing well. Friends and family who haven't gone through pregnancy keep asking if I have any fears about the baby not sleeping well or crying too much or dealing with diapers or whatever. Meanwhile, I'm praying every night that she'll have ten fingers, ten toes, and a heartbeat. It's crazy how much things change once you see that first sono and just want the baby to be healthy.

just wait until you watch your first sad movie/tv scene involving parent and child. It will wreck you. Watching The Road with a young child is a completely different experience than watching it without children.

just wait until you watch your first sad movie/tv scene involving parent and child. It will wreck you. Watching The Road with a young child is a completely different experience than watching it without children.

this this this this this

I was surprisingly not very emotional during pregnancy or post partum, but this commercial came on a lot during daytime TV when I was on maternity leave, and it made me cry every. single. time.

lol, i don't even have kids but have enough mom-friends that that commercial gave me the feels as i imagined what they are going through.

I'll brag on my wife but she beasted both pregnancies and deliveries like a bauce. I never remember her really complaining. I was prepared for a lot worse.

this is my wife too- she had gestational diabetes both times and watched what she ate like a hawk. Labor and delivery were a piece of cake for her as she just spit those babies out in record time. I joke that it was over so fast that I feel I was robbed of being insulted and yelled at in the delivery room.

For me the postpartum pain/recovery was worse than the actual delivery. Epidurals are no joke (presuming they work...which they don't on all people). Pushing for me was more tiring than painful.

Delivery and postpartum weren't bad for me (no epidural and very short amount of pushing) but 23 hours of pitocin augmented labor almost did me in. Guess I am a big wuss but I complained for sure.

Delivery and postpartum weren't bad for me (no epidural and very short amount of pushing) but 23 hours of pitocin augmented labor almost did me in. Guess I am a big wuss but I complained for sure.

check with matt before naming the new one. let's try to get this one right, shall we? at the very least, get a Matthew in there. geez.

lol, i don't even have kids but have enough mom-friends that that commercial gave me the feels as i imagined what they are going through.

Apparently, my mom would have conversations between me and her where she would just answer for me.

Now she does that with the dogs.

I definitely talk to the dog. "What do you think of that, jack? Huh?" He usually thinks 'tail wag'.

Back