• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Apparently, my mom would have conversations between me and her where she would just answer for me.

Now she does that with the dogs.

I do this with my dogs and daughter, not sure I'll stop once she starts talking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Sitting in the hospital now with #2 who arrived Monday morning. Scheduled C section so much easier than the first one which was 3.5 days of labor followed by emergency C section. Which meant my wife couldn't hardly move or feed the baby at all for a week or two after, so I was flying solo with all bottle feelings, changings, etc. That sucked and i had no idea what i was doing. Monday, we just showed up at our time and the baby was out 2 hours later. This one is a breeze so far, as she handles all the feedings so all I have to do is change some diapers. But he is eating every hour so not much sleep. I am hoping we can get out of the hospital today, mostly because it sounds like our son at home is acting up with his grandparents because we aren't home to give him attention.

Baby wake20 was born last night. Mom and baby are doing very well. Mom BEASTED the delivery. So proud!
hyhudaje.jpg

Congrats wake20!

Ours turns 1 this week, never quite understood the phrase "you blink and they grow up" until I've lived it.

eeeek! precious. congratulations, wake20!

Congrats! And definitely know how RevDeac feels about the growing up happening too fast. Enjoy that little baby.

Congrats wake20!

Ours turns 1 this week, never quite understood the phrase "you blink and they grow up" until I've lived it.

Congrats! I echo Rev's comments... we are 15 days out from Kid #2 and I spent most of this weekend prepping the nursery with help from my 3.5 year old. I had to stop a few times and look at him and wonder, how did he get so big, so quick...

Thanks for all the well wishes. A few things:

-Most expensive life decision ever. Actually, it's almost like a hobby because I now enjoy (???) going to the local baby store and making her life that much better, one $100 purchase at a time.

-I never thought I would enjoy having a girl this much. Good lord is it awesome.

-Gold stars to all single parents out there. Wife and I have both had our mothers stay overnight thus far to help out, and it makes things SO much easier. For single people out there (not sure why you're here), wife up/husband up someone from close by your hometown or live somewhere close to your or his/her relatives so you can deploy soldiers to help out. It's a lot of work!!!

-I don't know how I ever lived a single or childless life. It feels like I was wasting my time not sharing life with a child. That may sound stupid and I may change my tune, but this makes life so much more enjoyable, especially as a Wake fan!

Congrats!!! Totally with you on most of that (especially the expense and the having extra hands around!). Our parents are 2 and 4 hours away and sometime I wish it was closer for baby help.

I have one mom friend in the neighborhood that is a "single mom by choice" (artificial insemination) and I literally don't know how she does it. I could not have survived these first 5 months without LDToy.

The Bug was trying to tell us she's ready for a big girl bed yesterday.

upyty2ab.jpg

Of course wiring this at 2:30am while feeding said Bug when I have to go to work tomorrow makes me feel sleepy already. But of course totally worth it.

Ha. And you're only what, three or four days into parenting? You get attached pretty quick.

When we had E, we didn't live anywhere near family, though chic's mom and my parents both came to visit in the first couple of weeks to help out. Family is definitely great to have around. But my suggestion is don't become too reliant - part of parenting is just kind of learning what works, and it's pretty rewarding to be able to do that on your own.

Of course I say that, but it's awesome now to only be a few hours away from family and have it easier for them to come in for a weekend to play with the little one.

-Most expensive life decision ever. Actually, it's almost like a hobby because I now enjoy (???) going to the local baby store and making her life that much better, one $100 purchase at a time.

-I never thought I would enjoy having a girl this much. Good lord is it awesome.

-Gold stars to all single parents out there. Wife and I have both had our mothers stay overnight thus far to help out, and it makes things SO much easier. For single people out there (not sure why you're here), wife up/husband up someone from close by your hometown or live somewhere close to your or his/her relatives so you can deploy soldiers to help out. It's a lot of work!!!

-I don't know how I ever lived a single or childless life. It feels like I was wasting my time not sharing life with a child. That may sound stupid and I may change my tune, but this makes life so much more enjoyable, especially as a Wake fan!

Plus, as another poster once told me before I had kids and has turned out to defintely be true, pretty soon everything that goes wrong will soon be your parents' fault.

Having a girl is probs pretty awesome UNTIL you get to middle/high school age. It's way too soon to make this declaration.

My wife is pregnant with our 2nd child...and our 3rd child! Two boys due April 4 to join our nearly 2 year old daughter. It's an exciting but nerve wracking time for us. Any advice on parenting twins is appreciated in advance.

My wife is pregnant with our 2nd child...and our 3rd child! Two boys due April 4 to join our nearly 2 year old daughter. It's an exciting but nerve wracking time for us. Any advice on parenting twins is appreciated in advance.

Just pray that they don't end up like the doofi.

how exciting! congratulations to you guys!

Back