Page 16 of 328 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pit Parenting Thread

OGBoards Chaplain
    I'll hope for that then.

posted via Note 2

I'm at a real sweet spot age with Birdie (3 1/2). She's not embarrassed by me and thinks everything I do is awesome. I randomly busted out Seal's Kiss From A Rose and she went on and on about how cool it was and how well I sing (spoiler: I can't sing a lick). Just a ton of fun right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    I'm at a real sweet spot age with Birdie (3 1/2). She's not embarrassed by me and thinks everything I do is awesome. I randomly busted out Seal's Kiss From A Rose and she went on and on about how cool it was and how well I sing (spoiler: I can't sing a lick). Just a ton of fun right now.
    enjoy that shit because she's going to hate you in 10 years. probably hate her mother more, but none of us are spared.

way to sugar-coat that news, Milhouse
    I know how to spell definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by lbE08 View Post
    way to sugar-coat that news, Milhouse
    nothing worse than a teenage girl

no offense

no worries, I was a pretty good kid for my parents... but I do kind of dread that age when I have kids of my own.
    I know how to spell definitely.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post

no offense
    You have two if I remember correctly, right?

My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    You have two if I remember correctly, right?

My condolences.
    not quite teens yet but getting there. the oldest has an incredibly sassy mouth that she clearly gets from her mother.

Hell of a 3 for 1 deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    Just an FYI some kids have an opposite reaction to Benadryl. Apparently when my wife was a kid Benadryl would make her crazy hyper.
    Yeah, because of that, we tested it on my oldest son a couple weeks prior to the flight. We've only had to do it once after a long trip and a long layover and connection, but it was well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by lbE08 View Post
    no worries, I was a pretty good kid for my parents... but I do kind of dread that age when I have kids of my own.
    Yeah, we keep saying we hope the Bug takes after me instead of LDToy. He was only a mild hellion, but I was ridiculously good through middle and high school and afraid of authority and rarely did anything bad. Of course I kind of let loose in college, but at that point it didn't affect my parents' daily lives really.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post

no offense
    This is why I am glad to this point we're #teamnogirls. I might be fine with never having a daughter if it means never having a teenage daughter. ugh.

My wife was actively rooting against a daughter too. I would have loved a girl for #2 but the benefits of two boys are fantastic. We don't have to buy clothes. Don't have to buy pink clothes. Just great. I have enough friends with daughters and a goddaughter. I'm fine.

OGBoards Chaplain
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicdeaC View Post
    This is why I am glad to this point we're #teamnogirls. I might be fine with never having a daughter if it means never having a teenage daughter. ugh.
    Yea, but guys suck. But I guess to each their own. We wanted a girl. Though not really looking forward to those teenage years.

Quote Originally Posted by RevDeac06 View Post
    Yea, but guys suck. But I guess to each their own. We wanted a girl. Though not really looking forward to those teenage years.
    I was totally secretly hoping for a girl. I realize the teenage years will suck, but the whole rest won't (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by RevDeac06 View Post
    Guys are idiots. No doubt. My wife is realizing that as she deals with three dumbasses instead of just one. She thinks we're cute though. That helps.

I mean, I think eventually we may want a girl, but I feel pretty good about having a few boys. And like Ph said, I think mine are pretty damn cute (at least hoping the third is ) that goes a long way.

My mom had three boys and said she wanted a daughter until my brothers and I became teenagers and she saw what teen aged daughters were like.
    Hungry

Wanted one of each, got one of each. Snip snip, thanks for playing.

I'm not a parent but bmoney's post about being at a sweet spot age has me wondering what parents would say are the best ages and worst ages. Guessing:
    best: baby years (if you like babies, this might be worst for some), elementary school years (can do more, don't hate you yet), high school/college (whenever they grow out of the hating their parents phase and start to appreciate you again, if ever)
    worst: toddler years/terrible 2s, middle school/high school (bratty, bitchy, want to be independent but still totally irresponsible and depedent, hate you and embarassed by you)