• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

One of the first things you learn when you move to FL is any body of water is potentially alligator infested.

think we started to transition by just swaddling one arm, let the other one free. Once he got used to that we took both out.

We went from swaddle pods to sleep sacks which are looser. She never wanted to be fully swaddled anyway though, always fought out of those from the start.

BOInknS.jpg

thanks for the suggestions; she's only 2 mo and we've been swaddling but we tried putting her down the other night and she wouldnt stay down for more than 5 min. Yet she'll nap for a couple hours on her back during the day. #babies

thanks for the suggestions; she's only 2 mo and we've been swaddling but we tried putting her down the other night and she wouldnt stay down for more than 5 min. Yet she'll nap for a couple hours on her back during the day. #babies

We swaddled until 5 months, then one night she rolled over so no more swaddling. Sleep sacks for us now.

Yeah, we did swaddle for about 3 months (which was also when we did the switch from rock n play to crib) and about the time she rolled over. So we switched to the sleep sack. I don't remember doing any specific transition though.

Yeah, we did swaddle for about 3 months (which was also when we did the switch from rock n play to crib) and about the time she rolled over. So we switched to the sleep sack. I don't remember doing any specific transition though.

+1 for all 3, then eventually let them *gasp* have regular blankets.

or he did it while the kid was awake and just waited for it to fall asleep before snapping the photo

Man I feel like I've forgotten all this stuff in the last year and a half. Guess I'll relearn this September.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Man I feel like I've forgotten all this stuff in the last year and a half. Guess I'll relearn this September.

Ha, I'm having some of the same thoughts (although just over 3 years apart). Hope that learning curve is a little quicker this time ;-)

13433093_10100525831700923_2815466871712858127_o.jpg

I feel the same thing. I have a 14 month old and when new parents ask me stuff about newborn care I just don't remember any of the specifics. Low sleep kills your memory I suppose. Although I do remember washing a shit ton of bottles and pump stuff.

Back