• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Smoove, your dad is a wise man.

I think almost everybody is ready to be a grandparent. More ready than a parent at least.

I'm not Italian but damn I'd be like 10x more likely to keep it if I knew how it was a boy. Girls are cute till they're 12, then it's 15 years of hell I couldn't handle.

Boys are annoying until they get to be 12 but then get cool once they can start beating you at shit.

I believed it until this post. This is troll city.

Last edited:
I believed it until this post. This is troll city.

67519c8a55466fab532f90b3d4d234bd.jpg

Don't know how it is in LA, but AT&T has much better service in SF than Verizon. I can't get service in half the bars/restaurants in this city.

I'm more in awe that that she texted him the news vs. a phone call or in-person.

Coulda been Junior's first Instagram post. Oh well.

Congratulations plama! I would say just think long and hard before you make any rash decisions. I have a few friends that went the abortion route and they all ended up regretting it. But you've got to do what's right for you and your girl.

Brushing kids' teeth is the worst. Daily reminders that the Tooth Fairy only takes clean teeth seem relatively successful.

Also, holy fuck, Plama with an unplanned bun in the oven? Oh my. Brasky is off the hook!

Brushing kids' teeth is the worst. Daily reminders that the Tooth Fairy only takes clean teeth seem relatively successful.

Our go to these days is talking about "sugar bugs" as she seems to react to not wanting sugar bugs on her teeth. Although most of the time she's actually pretty good about letting us brush (4 years old).

The 9 month old we just use one of these:

450.jpg

damn, 9mo? the best i can do right now is wipe em off with a cloth and she's 14 mo; her hand blocking skills are Tim Howard level

i've been trying to get her to do it herself while i brush my teeth just to get her used to having it in her mouth and she'll hold it up to her face but not in her mouth

Hm at 14 months or so and still now we have done the raffi brush your teeth song. Or if she's fidgety I just make her laugh and then jam the toothbrush in there when her mouth opens. She doesn't care for that approach.

Pretty sure we didn't brush teeth at 9 months, but I don't really remember.

With Girl, I encourage her to make 3 big spits. Usually I end up helping, because both she and Boy can't brush their own teeth for shit and just kind of lackadaisically chew on the toothbrush rather than actually brushing. Teeth brushing is definitely a sneaky bottom-5 toddler/small child parental task.

Boy is 3.5 and I mostly leave the teeth brushing to bongs. She was out of town the other weekend and I totes forgot to brush em the entire time.

Back