• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

There just weren't parents at birthday parties other than the parents hosting. I guess if you have to invite the whole dang class these days then you need more adults there.

There just weren't parents at birthday parties other than the parents hosting. I guess if you have to invite the whole dang class these days then you need more adults there.

Around kindergarten is when we stopped going to the birthday parties with our kids (depending on the party). Before school age, most of the parents knew each other really well and it was more parent and kids get together. Now we drop them off (although we usually offer beforehand to see if they need any help - 90% of the time are not taken up on the offer).

Yo! In the hospital (they did this) and since we've been home I've been rolling the ends of a big towel to create a little canoe type thing, or basically bumpers for my little dude to sleep in. It gives him like bumpers on each side. I've heard walmart or target has such a thing, but I can't find it and amazon also no luck. But maybe I just don't know what it's called. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Looks like this: o___o with the o being the rolled ends of the towel and the baby goes on the _____ towel part.

Yo! In the hospital (they did this) and since we've been home I've been rolling the ends of a big towel to create a little canoe type thing, or basically bumpers for my little dude to sleep in. It gives him like bumpers on each side. I've heard walmart or target has such a thing, but I can't find it and amazon also no luck. But maybe I just don't know what it's called. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Looks like this: o___o with the o being the rolled ends of the towel and the baby goes on the _____ towel part.

2311679637_b0f22b53fa.jpg

It's called a sleep positioner I think...or a baby positioner. Google has lots of hits on the latter.

You could just put an empty Natural Light bottle under each arm.

Yes but the bottles have to be full to have enough weight, and I end up drinking one and he sleeps caddywonkered

n/m those are not recommended. I guess it's different in the mexican hospitals. I can roll a towel or throw a couple beer bottles in there if we are watching him. Thanks anyway!! I hope this helps other parents.

I've heard of people using a pool noodle, cutting it in half and covering it in the sides of the sheets. I don't really see the point, but I guess it's popular.

I know sleep positioners are not recommended (basically not supposed to have anything extraneous with baby while sleeping), but I had a friend who swore by them for her two kids, so youdoyou.

However, I do recommend the Fisher Price Rock N Play Sleeper. Might give that same comfy feeling but be safer. The Bug slept in that til probably 3-3.5 months old.

We just swaddled E up so he couldn't move or roll.

Yo! Newborn question...my dude is pretty cool during the day, eats...cries a little...sleeps really well...but at night this little holmes freaks out pretty good. After his feeding he cries a lot more and wont settle. I feel like he should burp more but we burp him good. Any thoughts ?

You need to lay him against your chest and pat his back and sing Prince Caspian to him in his ear over and over again.

Also, he may have gas and be trying to fart or drop a deuce instead of burp. Not much you can do for that. You can lay him on his back and kind of bicycle his legs, but that's about it. The Peanut had a lot of gas problems early on and he was basically inconsolable while it was happening. All I can say is they grow out of it eventually.

Back