• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

sweet. Also he did not have jaundice at te hospital for 3 days but now he's looking yellows and the pediatrician said to put him in the sun for a while each morning so we good right? My MIL freaking us out about it

Same thing happened to my oldest. Just sit him in the sun and he'll be fine.

Dick Trickle Rubbins is a beautiful name.

hell naw my kid has a stong nascar name

ahh, I remembered reading some babeh got named caspian recently (looks like it's chic's nephew), you're right though, it doesn't really match up as well with your persona.

ETA: i also forget that shd talks about that song a lot.

Ah I get it. You're saving Cale Yarborough for the next one. Smart move.

Yo! Newborn question...my dude is pretty cool during the day, eats...cries a little...sleeps really well...but at night this little holmes freaks out pretty good. After his feeding he cries a lot more and wont settle. I feel like he should burp more but we burp him good. Any thoughts ?

Reflux? We were pretty lucky in that we didn't have too much crying that feeding or changing didn't help. But I know reflux is an issue for many babies. Not sure if it's an issue of medicine or something else that can be done.

I think colic also shows itself at night, but I thought that showed up later than a week old. Again not sure since don't have first hand experience.

Sorry!

I'm going to guess gas as well. You can bicycle his legs and try gas drops. Colic usually doesn't show until at least 3 weeks and if it were reflux he'd probably have day issues as well.

So we had teething, fever/snot/cough, and constipation all at the same time, while being snowed in. Not fun times.

posted via Note 2

Our 2 month old had some constipation and would start grunting in the middle of the night and keep us awake. Doc said it was ok to try karo syrup and it worked like a charm. That + switched to miracle blanket for swaddling = 12 hours of sleep at night with a quick change and feeding at the 6 hour mark. I'm not sure how soon you can work in a splash of karo with a bottle but I wish we had started earlier.

Basically a strait jacket. Keeps that baby wrapped like a burrito nice and tight. Ours was rolling over onto her back at like 8 weeks and she liked to break out of regular swaddling blankets and then would wake up.

we've been burritoing the dude. sometimes I leave his arms out though cause he's got guns and there's a gun show in town

we've been burritoing the dude. sometimes I leave his arms out though cause he's got guns and there's a gun show in town

I don't have the picture to share but a fave pic of my baby nephew is when he was a wee preemie newborn and all burrito-wrapped, and my bro-in-law put a large actual burrito on a plate in the crib next to him. swaddles ftw.

We preferred the swaddlemes and halos to the miracle blanket but yeah, huge help.

Back