• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

More likely, not having any sex at all.

nope.gif

Man I am loving the threes so far. The conversation ability and sense of humor is so much fun, singing songs all the time and dancing randomly and all the wonderment all the time and shit.

My cousin's first wife slept with her parents on occasion through high school. She ended up being totally dependent on them, and when she married and moved away, she couldn't handle her newfound independence. She drove an hour each way to go and stay with them on the weekends. That marriage lasted 4 months.

She did better last night, only waking up once around midnight because she was hungry. She's going through a developmental leap right now, so that's to be expected.

My first reading of this made me think your 2nd post was still about the cousin's first wife.

It’s amazing how much I’ve forgotten about newborns. Like I remember struggling with the “how do I get baby to sleep in something other than my arms?” but not the answer.

It’s amazing how much I’ve forgotten about newborns. Like I remember struggling with the “how do I get baby to sleep in something other than my arms?” but not the answer.

There’s something built in that makes us forget. Otherwise no one would ever have more than one kid on purpose

Truth. Also it drains so much mental energy to take care of the kids you have now that your brain can’t retain the information necessary take care of the kid you had years ago.

There’s something built in that makes us forget. Otherwise no one would ever have more than one kid on purpose

It is exhaustion. I swore to myself that I would never forget the torment my daughter inflicted upon me in her first three years of life. I remind her occasionally that is why she doesn't have a sibling.

My sister and I are 23 months apart. We have several friends who are siblings 2 years apart.

That seemed particularly crazy to me when my oldest was 15 months old.

HTTD and his twin sisters are ~19 months apart. BLESS HIS MOTHER.

It truly is amazing how we forget. Everything hurts and I’m tired

Boy, 6, has started hanging with nearby neighbor kid, who is 6 or 7. I'm glad he has a buddy, but holy hell, they can't be trusted at all. Their default mode is "DESTROY." For example, the other day when it was like 20 degrees, I went outside and they had turned on both backyard hoses and disassembled our rock wall that had previously been mortared together. I walk outside in the garage today to discover them getting aluminum baseball bats off the shelf. They were going to "knock down some bamboo."

In contrast, when Girl gets together with her friends, they play baby dolls and dress-up. Very peaceful. No destruction.

This is why we need to elect all women to public office. I'm serious about this.

This is why I keep saying we’re one and done. And I pray I don’t forget this.

part of me is kind of glad PM already has two kids; makes a much more logical case for 'one and done' for us.

Its different for everyone of course but we regret not having more kids. Our kids are 14 and 10 and Id love to have a younger one. When we adopted #two, I told my wife I wanted 1 more and she nicely told me to fuck off. Now, she's pissed I didn't push harder for #3. I just can't win. We may end up being foster parents.

Boy, 6, has started hanging with nearby neighbor kid, who is 6 or 7. I'm glad he has a buddy, but holy hell, they can't be trusted at all. Their default mode is "DESTROY." For example, the other day when it was like 20 degrees, I went outside and they had turned on both backyard hoses and disassembled our rock wall that had previously been mortared together. I walk outside in the garage today to discover them getting aluminum baseball bats off the shelf. They were going to "knock down some bamboo."

When boys get together, take their average IQ and divide by the number of boys. That’s the IQ they utilize in groups.

In contrast, when Girl gets together with her friends, they play baby dolls and dress-up. Very peaceful. No destruction.

This is why we need to elect all women to public office. I'm serious about this.

I try not to traffic in gender stereotypes but hanging out with little girls is like heaven compared to having little boys. We just went out for a early dinner with friends today for dinner. 4 boys and a girl between three families. I sat across from the girl and we calmly played tic tac toe and she ate her food without drama. The boys were all over each other and acting like idiots.

Last edited:
I try not to traffic in gender stereotypes but hanging out with little girls is like heaven compared to having little boys. We just went out for a early dinner with friends today for dinner. 4 boys and a girl between three families. I sat across from the girl and we calmly played tic tac toe and she ate her food without drama. The boys were all over each other and acting like idiots.

Just wait to middle school.

Just wait to middle school.

Holy shit, girl's middle/high school drama is tough to deal with. All that easy to deal with stuff up to age 10 goes away real fast. Little bundles of raging explosive hormones.

Back