• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Found out my daughter’s preschool (3 year olds) has been showing them Toy Story all week instead of going outside. Probably explains why she’s been having nightmares and tonight asked through tears if she was going to wake up in the morning. I went back and watched some of it, seems way too scary for 3 year olds - am I off here or should I be upset about this?

I watched a 5 min clip and they mentioned death twice. She has no idea what death is.

Found out my daughter’s preschool (3 year olds) has been showing them Toy Story all week instead of going outside. Probably explains why she’s been having nightmares and tonight asked through tears if she was going to wake up in the morning. I went back and watched some of it, seems way too scary for 3 year olds - am I off here or should I be upset about this?

yeah i think parking a kid in front of a TV in lieu of activity is a bunch of bullshit; I get it that they're used to a block of time where the kids entertain themselves but that's ridiculous

Picked up my 3 yo earlier this week, and the teacher was watching 90s Power Rangers on YouTube, on the daycare iPad (where they track attendance, meals, sleep etc), with a kid on her lap and my son watching over her shoulder. When I walked through the door, “Daddy, look these Power Rangers are doing bad things!”

Not cool guys.

No, I’d be upset (and am about the Power Rangers HTTD posted about). First because of content and second because I’m not paying for my kid to go hang out and watch TV. Find something else to do.

Yeah, we've been having a similar conversation on our school's PTO FB group. Apparently a couple of the primary classrooms (3-5 year olds) watched the Lion King the other day (similar reason - sustained cold and no recess outside) and some of the kids of younger parents were pissed.

And of course another parent was like, what's the problem? I teach my kids the truth about the world. Lions kill other lions. It happens.

:eye roll:

Yeah, we've been having a similar conversation on our school's PTO FB group. Apparently a couple of the primary classrooms (3-5 year olds) watched the Lion King the other day (similar reason - sustained cold and no recess outside) and some of the kids of younger parents were pissed.

And of course another parent was like, what's the problem? I teach my kids the truth about the world. Lions kill other lions. It happens.

:eye roll:

SMH. It wasn’t a documentary.

This weekend my 7 year-old niece surprised us by saying she loves pro wrestling and watches vídeos on Youtube. I think her favorite wrestler is some lady named Charlotte Flair, for example. Was kinda awesome to find this out

It's not?

Mind. Blown.

right? seems pretty legit to me:

Mufasa: Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.
Simba: But, Dad, don't we eat the antelope?
Mufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass...and so, we are all connected in the great Circle of Life.

(more mind blowing: the squirrel is 3)

Also, lions can’t beat up hyenas and that’s why we don’t rule that area. Probably.

This weekend my 7 year-old niece surprised us by saying she loves pro wrestling and watches vídeos on Youtube. I think her favorite wrestler is some lady named Charlotte Flair, for example. Was kinda awesome to find this out

A lot of good women role models and athletes in wrestling now, unlike when they were almost exclusively eye candy.

That’s cool to hear.

Just looked her up. Somehow it didn’t occur to me she would be Ric’s daughter. I remember her as the little girl who used to come out to the ring when her big brother started wrestling.

That’s cool to hear.

Just looked her up. Somehow it didn’t occur to me she would be Ric’s daughter. I remember her as the little girl who used to come out to the ring when her big brother started wrestling.

Sasha Banks dropped out of public school and took online classes in order to stay at home and help her autistic brother. She is also Snoop Dogg's first cousin.

Alexa Bliss had a life-threatening struggle with anorexia in high school before using bodybuilding to help get through it. She regularly speaks out on the subject.

Nia Jax was formerly, and occasionally still is, a plus-size model.

Wrestling is still wrestling, but there has been a great deal of progress made for the women, and for young girls accordingly.

They've come along way since Chyna. RIP.

That’s cool to hear.

Just looked her up. Somehow it didn’t occur to me she would be Ric’s daughter. I remember her as the little girl who used to come out to the ring when her big brother started wrasslin.

Fixed.

I ended up being diagnosed with Shingles on my head last night. My wife is 38 weeks. Needless to say we are both pretty bummed and terrified right now. If my Shingles does not "heal," I am not allowed in the delivery wing. I am super down right now about it, and I feel awful that my wife is stuck in this position. In short, fuck Chicken Pox.

Back