• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Congrats to you both, buckets & discdude. That's great!

As previously reported, we are expecting #3 (already have 2 girls). Went to doctor on Monday and confirmed it is only one baby. Due date is September 14th.

YES, new bald hero!

The next couple months are going to be terrible, but mine is 8 months now and it's pretty great.

There is really nothing like the uncertainty and second guessing that comes with being in charge of new life. She’s fussy all day? TONIGHT IS GOING TO SUCK. She sleeps all day? NO WAY SHE SLEEPS THIS WELL TONIGHT. THIS IS GOING TO SUCK.

Congrats to everyone on their new peanuts.

On another exciting note, I'm pleased to report that last night Boy set the world record for Most Times One Child Has Yarfed In His Bed In His Lifetime. He yarfed 3 times in bed last night, following 1 bed yarf on Sunday night. I think that brings us to a total of about 150 bed yarfs in 6 years, an unofficial world record. So congrats to him.

congrats to all the people on all the babies!

i'm just glad we don't have to discuss that damn metlife commercial

Wow -- congrats on all the babies! Have had 2 out of 3 get the flu and I am sure I will get it now and you can have mine too.

Yo, Pit got recommendations on where to spend qualified health savings account money?

Depending on your perspective, I either got very lucky in 2017 and had very few medical expenses, or I botched it like a dingus. I have like $1200 in my FSA. Guess I gotta buy like 500 boxes of bandaids before March 15.

Any sleep training suggestions? I’m in rehearsal six nights a week for the next month, so my poor wife has to go it alone most nights. I did leave her my noise canceling headphones...

I was walking the newborn through the hallways last night to let my wife sleep and I guess got too close to an elevator and set off the baby stealing alarm

Oooops. Seems that boundary should be better marked if a delirious parent can accidentally get too close.

If any of you need bandaids, let me know and I'll buy them with my FSA and sell them to you CHEAP.

How do I get me some of those diabetic test strips? Seems like a man can make bank selling those.

Learned this morning that diapers can explode from excessive piss. Saw little things that looked like rubber pellets last week once and now this morning realized they're the innerds of a piss filled diaper. What a mess.

Previously when she went too much overnight it just came out of the diaper and went everywhere. Now its staying in and destroying the diaper. May have to track down more of the inserts.

I remember thinking my son shit plastic bubbles, and subsequently worrying when that happened.

Learned this morning that diapers can explode from excessive piss. Saw little things that looked like rubber pellets last week once and now this morning realized they're the innerds of a piss filled diaper. What a mess.

Previously when she went too much overnight it just came out of the diaper and went everywhere. Now its staying in and destroying the diaper. May have to track down more of the inserts.

How close are you to going up a size in diapers?

When that started happening to us, the baby was close enough to move up a size so we just did that and no more issues with exploding diapers.

accidently washed a diaper in the washing machine with the baby clothes and it took me about two hours to clean up that mess. Lesson learned the hard way.

Back