• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Depending on your perspective, I either got very lucky in 2017 and had very few medical expenses, or I botched it like a dingus. I have like $1200 in my FSA. Guess I gotta buy like 500 boxes of bandaids before March 15.

Vasectomy, LASIK, calf implants.

How close are you to going up a size in diapers?

When that started happening to us, the baby was close enough to move up a size so we just did that and no more issues with exploding diapers.

Just went up in size, but we had been going a size bigger at night previously/using an insert.

Official out of the diaper phase. My 5 year old stopped wearing pull ups to bed last week. 8.5 years of diapers done.

Official out of the diaper phase. My 5 year old stopped wearing pull ups to bed last week. 8.5 years of diapers done.

Can't wait. We are really close. Girl stopped around 4. Boy is 5 and almost there now as well.

accidently washed a diaper in the washing machine with the baby clothes and it took me about two hours to clean up that mess. Lesson learned the hard way.

Ugh yep, done that before. That sucked.

Yep. Let the women folk do the washing.

Errr

Can't wait. We are really close. Girl stopped around 4. Boy is 5 and almost there now as well.

Well this is discouraging- our boy is 3.5 and I was thinking about dropping diapers at night. He wakes up dry 9 times out of 10...

We did potty training at 2.5ish and I think stopped pull-ups overnight at 3.5ish?

She had a few accidents early on and then sporadically after (basically we double sheet the bed with a waterproof mattress pad, one set of sheets, another mattress pad and a top set of sheets for easy overnight changes), but *knock on wood* she hasn't wet the bed in probably 6+ months (she's 4.5).

We had other friends who did night training at the same time as day (around 2.5) and their kid was fine from the get go. And of course other friends who have had kids wet the bed into 6, 7, 8.

Every kid is unique

Yeah our oldest used pull-ups at night until 5 I think, but our youngest was out of them before he was 3. He has also been wiping his own ass since before he was 4, which is the real key. Then, of course, this week he got the runs and shat out his pant legs and all over the kitchen floor while trying to run to the bathroom. Good times.

My oldest never had accidents at night and we did pull-ups after potty training for a week before realizing he just didn't need them.

Our daughter goes through more overnight diapers now than she did before she got potty trained. Now every time there's a hint of pee in there she'll yell to be changed or just take it off herself. Which is great because since she can't put another one on she will sleep bareass on the floor and hopefully we can find her before any accidents.

Our only potty training experience thus far was with our oldest girl at just over 2.5... We were lucky in that she only had a couple of accidents, but it really only took a weekend. Same experience as PhDeac in that we used the pull-ups for about a week afterwards, but they were always dry in the morning.

Our younger daughter is almost 2, so we'll probably do potty training around the end of 2018... Because it went so easily with the older one, I'm sure it'll be a disaster.

Has anyone used the Moms on Call book for infant sleep schedules?

Yes, and the two authors (Jennifer & Laura) are nurses at our pediatrician's practice. My wife was big on the schedule... IMO, she was too rigid with it. But it worked well for us.

A. Use Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth. Got all three of my boys sleeping through the night before 10 weeks.

B. Can you buy medicinal marijuana with HSA funds? If so you can get strong tax free!

Potty training: kids will adapt to whatever you ask at 2.5. If you keep giving them a place to poop and pee without planning, that’s what they will do. Solution: take off their diapers and let them run naked. The first time they befoul themselves they will be dismayed and immediately will plan a new strategy - using the toilet. It takes 2-3 days tops.

Kids are really smart at that age. If they aren’t ready (ie don’t figure it out) you can always go back.

A. Use Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth. Got all three of my boys sleeping through the night before 10 weeks.

B. Can you buy medicinal marijuana with HSA funds? If so you can get strong tax free!

Cool, I just put a hold on it at the library. #2 is a good sleeper (knock on wood) but I’d like to get a good, lasting foundation in place and a little bit more predictable of a schedule in the next 6 weeks before I go back to work.

just had the ultrasound to find out gender. the envelope is currently sitting in my car. my wife wants to find out, I don't, so I am sure we will but how/when will be up for discussion. any ideas other than cake?

just had the ultrasound to find out gender. the envelope is currently sitting in my car. my wife wants to find out, I don't, so I am sure we will but how/when will be up for discussion. any ideas other than cake?

just look the results - surprise!

I have never witnessed a gender reveal in person, but have seen an alternative to cake be a box filled with balloons.

Back