• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

There is snow on the ground.
7yr old pretty much refuses to wear pants right now.

I know I shouldn't care so much/choose this as my hill to die on, but hot damn. It wouldn't bother me so much if she didn't then complain about being cold in the house (which is always responded to with, "Look at all the layers everyone else is wearing. If you are cold, you can put on warmer clothes.").

better than my two year old who demands to be naked almost as soon as we get home from daycare

At least you went with wondering if she was sick rather than wondering if she is alive. We freaked out the first time our daughter slept more than 5 hours straight.

Her waking up woke me up or I may have!

There is snow on the ground.
7yr old pretty much refuses to wear pants right now.

I know I shouldn't care so much/choose this as my hill to die on, but hot damn. It wouldn't bother me so much if she didn't then complain about being cold in the house (which is always responded to with, "Look at all the layers everyone else is wearing. If you are cold, you can put on warmer clothes.").

These kids are resilient as hell. And they don’t like wearing pants. Or socks.

If people don’t see flowers and/or the color pink, they assume boy. It’s really amazing - I just thought people were good at guessing with our son.

If people don’t see flowers and/or the color pink, they assume boy. It’s really amazing - I just thought people were good at guessing with our son.

We were at a WFU game, with a damn bow in her hair and still had someone call her a boy.

We finally have a top tooth breaking through, much to the dismay of our sleep. She'd done so well until last night, up every couple hours with mouth pain.

We were at a WFU game, with a damn bow in her hair and still had someone call her a boy.

We finally have a top tooth breaking through, much to the dismay of our sleep. She'd done so well until last night, up every couple hours with mouth pain.

Don't know what it is - I guess people think calling a girl a boy is less offensive than the other way around? Ours is called a boy nearly every time in public unless she is blatantly wearing a dress.

We're just past 1 year and only 2 bottom teeth that have been there for a few months. Waiting for something else to come in soon. Someone her age in her daycare class has ALL teeth already.

We never had a problem. Girl was a girl and boy was a boy. Appropriate clothing and appropriate haircuts. Trend has continued into adolescence.

What is “appropriate clothing?” Should I stop dressing my daughter in this “I’m a Boy” onesie?

It was a Wake event/game- kid can wear black and yellow/gold to Wake events until she’s old enough to fight me on what she wears.

Nah, that isn’t really my style. I don’t really care if people assume the baby is a boy, just find it interesting that they almost always do unless she’s wearing pink or a full dress.

My daughter gets called a boy a lot because she has shorter curly hair instead of really long hair which I guess folks expect? Idk. Depending on my mood I’ll either ignore it and move on or work a “her” or “she” into my response so they’ll pick up on it and feel stupid.

Somebody called my male dog a she yesterday and I told that lady 'there's only one bitch here and it sure isn't my male dog!!!'

My daughter gets called a boy a lot because she has shorter curly hair instead of really long hair which I guess folks expect? Idk. Depending on my mood I’ll either ignore it and move on or work a “her” or “she” into my response so they’ll pick up on it and feel stupid.

Same thing here. Pretty much always start a response with "she" and watch their face for entertainment

I was on the flip side of the girl / boy thing today and felt sort of bad, but not really. Kid was one year old, wearing jeans, a robot t-shirt, green shoes, and has very short hair (obviously all very normal and fine for a girl, but nothing to differentiate on gender so I just went with one and was wrong. *shrug*). Did make me think about this thread though.

Back