• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

If the whole thing is about pink and blue, we need some more pink shirts with trucks and dinos on them.

Highly recommend this company! Two moms in my neighborhood started it and blew up their Kickstarter and were featured on the Today's Show and stuff. That was a couple of years ago and they're doing pretty well now.

We had two smaller dresses when the Bug was younger and she currently has three dresses and one pair of leggings in the rotation.

If you know a little girl, or you were a once a little girl, then you know.

Lots of little girls love dresses and rainbows and flowers and pink. And lots of those same little girls love cars and robots and pirates and dinosaurs.

But if you've ever tried to buy those little girls clothes that are pink and have dinosaurs, or are sparkly and have pirates, or even just a dress with a robot on it, then you know it's pretty much impossible.

Princess Awesome wants to change that.

We believe that if a girl likes purple and also likes trucks, she should be able to wear a purple truck dress. And if a girl likes princesses and also aliens, then an alien princess skirt is for her.

We also believe that if a girl would prefer to skip the "princess" and stick with the "awesome," she deserves some dress options that feature a range of colors and topics.

We are Princess Awesome because butterflies are awesome and so are airplanes. Because monsters are awesome and so are twirly skirts. Because girls are awesome and girls get to decide what it means to be girly.

I would totes wear a pink shirt with pirates.

Highly recommend this company! Two moms in my neighborhood started it and blew up their Kickstarter and were featured on the Today's Show and stuff. That was a couple of years ago and they're doing pretty well now.

We had two smaller dresses when the Bug was younger and she currently has three dresses and one pair of leggings in the rotation.

Yep! I've seen them before, and like them a lot! Almost got nieces things from there for Christmas but went another direction.

(06deacon, you should check these out for your ladies.)

Buying clothes for girls can really be a challenge. Vividly recall the first time we realized finding something not pink or purple can be tough. She is now 8 and all the shorts are really short. Yoga pants. Not sure if it says more about the buys or makers of all these clothes.

Buying clothes for girls can really be a challenge. Vividly recall the first time we realized finding something not pink or purple can be tough. She is now 8 and all the shorts are really short. Yoga pants. Not sure if it says more about the buys or makers of all these clothes.

What kills me is the little underwear. How come boys get soft, wide-band undies... and little girls have these weird high-cut lace-edged things? Pretty sure every kid just wants to be comfy.

Yes! The shorts thing is ridic.

I took this last summer while doing laundry. Daughter's 4T vs son's 18 mon shorts

19990541_10100802754016383_3330258495043742267_n.jpg

School cancelled here in Northern VA due to wind. What a royal pain.

Yes! The shorts thing is ridic.

I took this last summer while doing laundry. Daughter's 4T vs son's 18 mon shorts

19990541_10100802754016383_3330258495043742267_n.jpg

That is crazyy! I got excited seeing a girls long-sleeve/rashguard top swimsuit at target the other day. Sooo many baby bikinis out there.

That is crazyy! I got excited seeing a girls long-sleeve/rashguard top swimsuit at target the other day. Sooo many baby bikinis out there.

Yeah...no. We have had a couple of two piece bathing suits through the years, but usually rash guards or t-shirt sleeves, or at least tanks that go all the way over the stomach.

Once we bought some for my son, I started wearing them, too. They’re great for my very white self when I’m out on the lake or at the beach all day.

Daughter turned 1 a few weeks ago and doctor said it was ok to stop using sleep sacks and start using a blanket. We lay a blanket on her but at some point pretty quickly after she moves around so much that it's no longer on her. We'll go lay it back over her before we go to bed but it'll come off pretty quickly. She's not freezing when we get her up in the morning but definitely colder than she should be. Anyone have this problem and know a good way to get the blanket to stay on/stop her from moving so much?

we just got our kid a bunch of flannel/fleece zip-up/footed PJs; she loves them because they all have a pics of animals and rockets and crap all over them and it resolves the blanket issue for the most part

we just got our kid a bunch of flannel/fleece zip-up/footed PJs; she loves them because they all have a pics of animals and rockets and crap all over them and it resolves the blanket issue for the most part

Yea we're using footed PJs as well mostly fleece but still seems a bit cold.

Yea we're using footed PJs as well mostly fleece but still seems a bit cold.

unless the temp in the room is sub 60, i think the kids are pretty much fine and we worry too much; at least that's what our pediatrician's website says. if they're cold they'll lay more sitll under the blanket; i find our kid kicked around when she was hot

Back