• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

If it’s not waking her up I think it’s fine. Our first has always been pretty hot and kicks off all blankets.

Otherwise, any reason not to just keep wearing a sleep blanket type thing? They have ones with leg holes so it’s really a wearable blanket.

If it’s not waking her up I think it’s fine. Our first has always been pretty hot and kicks off all blankets.

Otherwise, any reason not to just keep wearing a sleep blanket type thing? They have ones with leg holes so it’s really a wearable blanket.

they also have sacks that fit up to almost two

Our oldest basically wore the blanket with foot holes until she moved from a toddler bed into a real bed with a comforter. And the younger one wears the same thing now:

7519%20HaloSleepSackEarlyWalkerF.jpg

Halo sleep sack early walker or some such

Yes they are.

Second the comment to just use zip up fleece footed pjs. My kids are rollers so a blanket works for about a minute. The older one also won’t sleep under the sheets in her bed.

Damn.

We found out today that one of our 11 year old's friends was killed in a car accident.

Have any of you had to walk your kids through something like this? Bullying, relationships, fights and other things we've thought about, but this wasn't on our radar as something we'd have to prepare for. We've had to do it for grandparents, etc. who were sick or older, but not at 10 year old.

Hug your kids tighter, folks.

Wife sneakily started timing her <5 minute contractions without telling me 30 minutes ago.

Probably not in labor tonight, but we're walking around in the hospital to see if it starts anyway.

Oof, that stinks. We went in earlier than needed with the first (though they still kept us, I just had to go on Pitocin eventually) so I was determined to not do that with #2. Then I almost waited too long.

Thank you. No baby tonight, but we did get to spend 3 fun hours in the maternity triage.

Did that and it became our new normal. When the time did come it was clear, but she was, also, 7 cm when we got to triage after 2 hours. Good luck, and get excited for a crazy ride.

The false labor definitely wakes you up and makes you realize how not ready you were. Hopefully once the real thing comes, the emotional shock won’t be as bad now.

Just think of it as a short break before a crazy 18 years.

The false labor definitely wakes you up and makes you realize how not ready you were. Hopefully once the real thing comes, the emotional shock won’t be as bad now.

It worked for me. Kicked my ass into “it is go time” from that moment forward, and I had a much tighter and, ultimately, effective plan for squaring everything when the day did come.

Woke daughter up on saturday to find rash all over. Apparently a reaction to antibiotic. Not a good look.

Back