• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

What's the golden age. I've got a 2 year old and one on the way, and I think I like each phase better than the last. When does that shit end?

Good question. My oldest is almost 5 and the 4 year has been pretty great. (Way better than threenager)

Ages 4-9 are pretty good. If you only have one kid you might be able to push that a lot further. Once one of them starts acting crazy you're pretty well assured that at least one of them will be giving you shit at any given time. Hoping it ends by age 24.

when ours were 6, 8, and 10 life was pretty good and had been for a couple of years. Oldest (now 11) is still mostly pretty good, but pre-teen asshole is starting to take over in spurts. Started out being directed toward the siblings, now it's starting to turn on us.

lil mdmh was fussy as hell yesterday. Just would not calm down to sleep. Finally tried to alleviate her potential gas pain with a Frida gas passing...straw called a "Windi". It was rather uneventful, but that thing has major potential to be a shit missile.

lil mdmh was fussy as hell yesterday. Just would not calm down to sleep. Finally tried to alleviate her potential gas pain with a Frida gas passing...straw called a "Windi". It was rather uneventful, but that thing has major potential to be a shit missile.

wait what

ah, i see it's made by Frida of nose-frida fame.

15 bucks for a fart-straw? damn, babies are such a racket

What are your best tips for dealing with picky eating toddlers? It's become quite the battle in our house and we're looking for some tips on helping to expand the little one's palate / interest in food.

What are your best tips for dealing with picky eating toddlers? It's become quite the battle in our house and we're looking for some tips on helping to expand the little one's palate / interest in food.

Three methods: 1) Starve em out -- they get what they get on the plate, that's it. Eventually, they'll eat. 2) Let them eat shit the like, but make them a delicious smoothie with spinach, frozen fruit, a couple of carrots, and whatever else you want to throw in so they get their veggies. 3) no dessert unless you eat what's on your plate, you little animal.

One works nearly every time, one works sometimes, one never works. If you successfully match all three to the correct efficacy, you don't win anything.

we tend to have our daughter eat what we're eating, which usually includes something we know she likes (pasta, carrots, fried fish, etc) and leverage additional pieces of that with bites or trying other things.

Makes me realize we’ve been fairly lucky on that front with our oldest - at 3 she eats and likes pretty much everything we give her. And she’s been eating the same meals as us since she moved off baby food, with rare exceptions.

But if/when I encounter pickiness in the future, I’ll probably try the starve em out method. I’m a jerk, but also don’t want to start them down the road toward eating only chicken nuggets and pizza at every meal.

Back