• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Makes me realize we’ve been fairly lucky on that front with our oldest - at 3 she eats and likes pretty much everything we give her. And she’s been eating the same meals as us since she moved off baby food, with rare exceptions.

But if/when I encounter pickiness in the future, I’ll probably try the starve em out method. I’m a jerk, but also don’t want to start them down the road toward eating only chicken nuggets and pizza at every meal.

yeah basically this. every time we give her something like potato chips or kraft mac/cheese i dread that we'll lose her general food eating

I appreciate the tips. Our 11 month old eats every damn thing we put in front of her; hoping that doesn't change with age.

The biggest struggle with the toddler is she won't eat any proteins; no beans, chicken, etc. We're on a diet of pasta, fruits, raw veggies - efforts to expand not going well. We've started to go with the starve out method and offering what we're eating and it's tough. I just keep telling myself she won't let herself starve to keep from caving in every night.

white because it's better, amirite?

Nah. Because it's bland and flavorless with no soul and thinks it's superior to other food.

But seriously, it was a revelation when I heard it. I didn't realize it was common. My son generally wants pasta with Parmesan cheese, rice, cauliflower, yogurt, chicken with no char marks, and such. Yesterday, he turned down steak, corn, and broccoli for chicken noodle soup.

Last edited:
Yeah, my 4 year old daughter will eat most things. She’s great about trying new things.

But she does not like spicy foods. At all. And my wife and I do, so it’s a problem.

But I don’t cook dinner, so what do I care?

lil mdmh was fussy as hell yesterday. Just would not calm down to sleep. Finally tried to alleviate her potential gas pain with a Frida gas passing...straw called a "Windi". It was rather uneventful, but that thing has major potential to be a shit missile.

the pictures on the box really really creep me out

The-Windi-view1_2000x.jpg

IMG_0222.JPG

the pictures on the box really really creep me out

The-Windi-view1_2000x.jpg

IMG_0222.JPG
lol i'm reading this book called Wonder Weeks which says that she is going through a developmental leap this week (5) and thats probably why she is so inconsolable. Doing ok today though.

What's the golden age. I've got a 2 year old and one on the way, and I think I like each phase better than the last. When does that shit end?

I actually like my teenagers a lot more than when they were 8

Ugh, sleep training is no joke, people. I feel like I haven’t done anything this week but go to work and watch my son cry in his crib or on the monitor. Right now he’s sleeping standing up. Second night in a row.

that’s why you put them in the crib and go outside

Ugh, sleep training is no joke, people. I feel like I haven’t done anything this week but go to work and watch my son cry in his crib or on the monitor. Right now he’s sleeping standing up. Second night in a row.

I just watched the sleep training episode of the Netflix show The Letdown and had SO MANY anxious feelings. I’m not sure I can stomach that show yet.

Back