• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

I just watched the sleep training episode of the Netflix show The Letdown and had SO MANY anxious feelings. I’m not sure I can stomach that show yet.

Hah, I recommended the Letdown on the netflix thread the other day and my comment was it may not be for people who still have small babies in their house because it hits home too hard but for those parents who are out of the stage it is really funny. good luck!!!

I'm really liking ages 7 and 10 right now. You can reason with them, and even when they try to pull things they still are young enough to realize adults are definitely in charge.

Definitely not looking forward to preteen/teenage years, which -if life plays out as we are currently thinking - will be right around the time we've also got a toddler. We'll see, though.

Leebs is planning to have unprotected sex for the purpose of procreation. Congrats!

I’m 15 months from 7 and 10. I hope you’re right.

I've got 8 and 11 year old boys and it is an awesome stage. They still think Dad is cool, like to do fun things, want to go see super hero and star wars movies, play sports, and can entertain each other. Did I mention that they are perfectly content to play together on saturday mornings and let parents sleep in? I'd keep'em this age forever if I could.

Having a 6-year-old and 4-year-old, I can report neither of these is the "Golden Age." At least I hope not.

I've got 8 and 11 year old boys and it is an awesome stage. They still think Dad is cool, like to do fun things, want to go see super hero and star wars movies, play sports, and can entertain each other. Did I mention that they are perfectly content to play together on saturday mornings and let parents sleep in? I'd keep'em this age forever if I could.

the bolded part is HUUUUUUGE.
"Ok, you both know how to read clocks now and you know where the cereal is. You may not knock on the door until 8:00 at the earliest, unless there is an emergency. Nothing is an emergency unless there is blood or vomit involved."

Unfortunately, rec soccer is trying to foil our situation. 9:00am games across town FTL.

The tough part with a 6-year-old is that he's in this gray area where you THINK he should be able to do a lot more stuff by himself without help, but he's not quite there yet, and that can be especially frustrating.

The tough part with a 6-year-old is that he's in this gray area where you THINK he should be able to do a lot more stuff by himself without help, but he's not quite there yet, and that can be especially frustrating.

Yep, I have to remind myself frequently that PM's daughter is only 7.

Daddy - daughter dance tonight with my 8 yo and her brownies - local girl scouts.

May the 4th be with you. Wait, wrong thread?

Baby number 2 arrived at 9:33 this morning. And, I apparently shall never sleep again.

Is Play Doh the worst toy ever invented or the worst thing ever invented?

Took the young buck to the beach for the first time today

He loved it

Is Play Doh the worst toy ever invented or the worst thing ever invented?

Apparently you haven't experienced that slime shit yet. We, as well as several friends, have had kids put it on the carpet, and it seriously does not come out.

Yeah, we have completely banned our kids from making slime.

We have friends with a 3rd grader who makes slime all the time and a 5th grader who plays Fortnite all the time. I guess they're a normal family.

We keep adding shit we want done around the house to the list of things my son has to do before he can play Fortnite. Very productive. He doesn't even complain, just does it so he can get back to stalking and killing online.

Anyone have a suggestion for a toy that will help keep a 1 year old distracted for as long as possible on a flight?

Back