• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

My wife has a work dinner so im taking my 15 month old, whose bed time is 6:30, to a 7:10 first pitch royals v. rays game just so I can get a glimpse of young fireballer Yordano Ventura. Now that is fucking great parenting.

My wife has a work dinner so im taking my 15 month old, whose bed time is 6:30, to a 7:10 first pitch royals v. rays game just so I can get a glimpse of young fireballer Yordano Ventura. Now that is fucking great parenting.

Right on!

Have you had the pleasure of rainbow loom rubber bands all over your house yet?

somebody made serious bank on those things... they're basically just the rubber bands you get w/ braces. make 'em in fun colors and sell sell sell!

oh yes. i took her (7 year old) to the store to buy her first loom, dialed up the directions on youtube like the clerk advised, sat with her and figured out how to get her started, and consoled her when she got frustrated and cried when they didn't do right. :cool: Then she just figured it out and went off, making bracelets for everyone. She loved that thing, and is now totally over it.

these are a real pain in the ass, eh?

51tqITIR0KL.jpg

Hell yes they are a pain in the ass. I am so glad that my kids have aged out of that.

I went to a cloth diapering class this morning. Awar had already convinced me that it's a good idea, but now I'm completely sold. It's time to continue stock-piling cloth diapers.

I went to a cloth diapering class this morning. Awar had already convinced me that it's a good idea, but now I'm completely sold. It's time to continue stock-piling cloth diapers.

what was it about the class that finally convinced you?

It just reinforced environmental responsibility, saving money, and that the baby is wearing a comfortable fabric.

Let me know if you need any more info. I wouldn't do it any other way (and our stash is extensive-yet I really want to buy more)

We use the Flip ones and they've been great. Good decision to go cloth.

Agree that Any of the cottonbabies brands are the way to go in terms of quality/usability/affordability.

I like our free times for day and econobums for night. Have heard good things about Flips and the bulk of our stash are bumgenious 4.0s.

Kawaiis work ok for rounding out a stash but we have found fuzzibunz to be not worth the $.

Have also found that stripping the diapers (washing on a double rinse cycle with bleach and blue Dawn) about once a month really helps with stains/smells/absorbency.

Have also found that stripping the diapers (washing on a double rinse cycle with bleach and blue Dawn) about once a month really helps with stains/smells/absorbency.

Truth

Also, chic and Awake. Our kids are out of our cloth diapers and a lot of them are still in really good shape. I know so much about cloth diapers depends on the shape/fit of the diaper/kid, but since y'all are in GSO, if you're interested in some cheaper used cloth diapers, let me know. We're heading to FL for spring break, but when I get back, I can look through them to see which ones are like new and usable. We mainly used bum genius (adjustable) and Swaddlebees, but had a lot of others as well (seriously, I think we have 3= paper grocery bags full of different varieties). Let me know if you're at all interested.

Last edited:
Truth

Also, chic and Awake. Our kids are out of our cloth diapers and a lot of them are still in really good shape. I know so much about cloth diapers depends on the shape/fit of the diaper/kid, but since y'all are in GSO, if you're interested in some cheaper used cloth diapers, let me know. We're heading to FL for spring break, but when I get back, I can look through them to see which ones are like new and usable. We mainly used bum genius (adjustable) and Swaddlebees, but had a lot of others as well (seriously, I think we have 3= paper grocery bags full of different varieties). Let me know if you're at all interested.

We are pretty set (unless S ends up being totally differently proportioned than his brother) but definitely let me know what you've got, There are some I would like to replace. Are yours snap or Velcro?

oh yes. i took her (7 year old) to the store to buy her first loom, dialed up the directions on youtube like the clerk advised, sat with her and figured out how to get her started, and consoled her when she got frustrated and cried when they didn't do right. :cool: Then she just figured it out and went off, making bracelets for everyone. She loved that thing, and is now totally over it.

My 7 year old is obsessed with rainbow loom. She has made hundreds of bracelets in all sizes and colors. She is planning a rainbow loom/lemonade stand in the front yard soon. You can get cheaper rubberbands at target (non-rainbow loom brand, but the same thing).

Two questions:

1. What detergent/wash process do you cloth diaperers use?

2. Have any of you taken any childbirth prep/newborn keeping alive classes in the area that you would recommend?

Two questions:

1. What detergent/wash process do you cloth diaperers use?

2. Have any of you taken any childbirth prep/newborn keeping alive classes in the area that you would recommend?

We use Rockin Green to wash our cloth diapers. We spray the ones that are stained with Bac Out. Seems to work well.

Back