• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

You have the added benefit that their mom has different rules at her house, and she thinks she can play you against her dad. We put up with this shit all the time.

Yeah, she learned early and hard with the two of us that shopping for answers is the #1 way to lose what she wanted AND get in trouble for it, so she doesn't do that between us anymore... but she does definitely act differently for us vs. her mom. Baby talk and emotional toying is never gonna fly with us, even if it might work on other people. There's usually a day or so of transition in behavior/attitude when they switch houses.

My boy is six months old and in a really awesome phase right now, rarely fussy, likes to eat and sleep and laugh at everything

My boy is six months old and in a really awesome phase right now, rarely fussy, likes to eat and sleep and laugh at everything

Second...life is good and he is muscling through teething like a champ...I get why people say this is the best age

Felt pretty bad the other day - daughter has been teething which has caused lots of sleepless nights (not muscling through it like a champ). Took her to doctor since looked like she had pink eye (which she did) but turns out she also had a bad ear infection. Thought the lack of sleep was due to teething.

Taking the kids on their first flight on Sunday. Was just reading through the airplane thread but thought this one would be more welcoming than that ;-) haha.

5ish hour flight to Utah. At least it's nonstop. 7am departure. Oof.

Not so worried about the 5 year old (she's "excited but also nervous" about her first flight). The 2 year old may be a maniac though.

Any thoughts about CARES harness vs carseat for the 2 year old? We have access to both (borrowed a CARES and are also borrowing a lightweight seat and a transporter for getting through the airport). I had some friends say how great CARES was starting at 18 mon with their kid(s). Then others say how it didn't restrain their kid well enough, wasn't as comfortable, the kid slept better in the careseat, etc.

Seems most of what I've read boils down to this:

< 2 yrs= car seat
>2 yrs= Cares

Which is what is making our decision difficult since little dude turns 2 on August 30. So he's literally right in the middle.

My two year old (3' tall) fairly hated her CARES harness. But it was worth it for me compared to carrying a car seat through the terminal.

Anyone have any experience with bringing a diapered babe to, say, football games at a stadium with a clear bag rule (wyd ron wellman)

we just held our kid for all the flights below 2

While technically we could have avoided purchasing a ticket for him, we realized for everyone's sanity he needed his own seat. No way would he stay on one of our laps for 5+ hours.

My two year old (3' tall) fairly hated her CARES harness. But it was worth it for me compared to carrying a car seat through the terminal.

Thanks for the feedback. We borrowed a carseat transporter from a neighbor, and are borrowing a lightweight carseat from another, so I think that would mitigate some of that concern? But still obviously easier / lighter to check the carseat and use CARES....if it restrains him.

I’m very much hoping there’s an empty seat on our upcoming cross country flight. That way we can carry on the car seat so the 17 month old can sleep in that. She’s little and can still sorta fit in her infant seat. Otherwise we’re holding her.

I’m very much hoping there’s an empty seat on our upcoming cross country flight. That way we can carry on the car seat so the 17 month old can sleep in that. She’s little and can still sorta fit in her infant seat. Otherwise we’re holding her.

Easy for me to say I guess, but cross country flight is a really good time to just buy the kid a seat. An hour flight, no biggie. But cross country? Get a seat

Ph will tell you to put the kid in a carseat and not worry about them kicking the seat in front of them.

Taking the kids on their first flight on Sunday. Was just reading through the airplane thread but thought this one would be more welcoming than that ;-) haha.

5ish hour flight to Utah. At least it's nonstop. 7am departure. Oof.

Not so worried about the 5 year old (she's "excited but also nervous" about her first flight). The 2 year old may be a maniac though.

Any thoughts about CARES harness vs carseat for the 2 year old? We have access to both (borrowed a CARES and are also borrowing a lightweight seat and a transporter for getting through the airport). I had some friends say how great CARES was starting at 18 mon with their kid(s). Then others say how it didn't restrain their kid well enough, wasn't as comfortable, the kid slept better in the careseat, etc.

We went CARES harness as soon as #1 turned 2 and we started buying her a seat - no issues.

Ron Howard: There wasn’t

Moving the last little Siff into her freshman dorm today...enjoy your little ones, all. Before you know it, they're all grown up.

Back