• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

My son couldn't fathom why Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sundays, and now he wants to send them a letter asking them to reconsider.

Not sure I’m cool with you having a son old enough to communicate such things. Time flies.

No kidding. And I actually buried the lede; he started swimming all by himself this weekend! That filled me up with parenting happiness.

Whenever we're returning from a road trip on Sunday and it's lunchtime I ask the kids if they want to stop at Chik-fil-A. They said "Yes !" the first 500 times I asked and I got to disappoint them by saying,"Sorry, Chik-fil-A's closed today !"

we had a great weekend in the mountains with two other couples and their 2.5 yr olds. watching young kids play and enjoy the mundane is really one of the greatest things in life.

i think the most fun they had was tossing handfuls of corn kernels into the grass for the deer

we had a great weekend in the mountains with two other couples and their 2.5 yr olds. watching young kids play and enjoy the mundane is really one of the greatest things in life.

i think the most fun they had was tossing handfuls of corn kernels into the grass for the deer

Awesome. Similarly we were in Utah this past week with my kids (5 and 2) and my nephews (3 and 1). The older two LOVED getting spun around in the chairs out on the patio and stumbling dizzily into the yard. They probably did it 30 times despite some injuries from falling. Not even caring about the awesome mountain view just past where they were playing.

bought a minivan - figure this is the best thread for that news.

Ford Transit Connect 7 passenger, titanium edition.
Leather heated seats and nice dash features, but without the super-cush typical minivan features like dvd players and whatnot (which we are totally fine with - didn't want those). Bench seat with three seats in the middle, two more captains chairs in the way back. Everything folds flat for awesome cargo capabilities. So far, we're big fans... it's basically like my Element had a lovechild with a Sienna and produced this great utility vehicle with lots of comfortable seats.

bought a minivan - figure this is the best thread for that news.

Ford Transit Connect 7 passenger, titanium edition.
Leather heated seats and nice dash features, but without the super-cush typical minivan features like dvd players and whatnot (which we are totally fine with - didn't want those). Bench seat with three seats in the middle, two more captains chairs in the way back. Everything folds flat for awesome cargo capabilities. So far, we're big fans... it's basically like my Element had a lovechild with a Sienna and produced this great utility vehicle with lots of comfortable seats.

Bought an Odyssey yesterday! Turned 40 today. The opposite of a mid-life crisis!

Congrats on your new awesome ride! You’re an adult!

Bought an Odyssey yesterday! Turned 40 today. The opposite of a mid-life crisis!

Congrats on your new awesome ride! You’re an adult!

The Odysseys (and Siennas) are so nice! We looked at them too, but it's hard when you want leather/heated seats... but not whatever else comes on the super platinum model of those vehicles. Got all the things we wanted and a nice/smooth ride, brand new, for 10-15k less.

Hooray for being an adult - it's been a big august (got married, new family car).

Just over three weeks to go. When is the best time for my internal panic to move external?

The Odysseys (and Siennas) are so nice! We looked at them too, but it's hard when you want leather/heated seats... but not whatever else comes on the super platinum model of those vehicles. Got all the things we wanted and a nice/smooth ride, brand new, for 10-15k less.

Hooray for being an adult - it's been a big august (got married, new family car).

We got the Sienna.. A bit of a must have in the NC Mountains (it's the only one in AWD).
I really, really didn't want one. But man they are super nice. Congrats on your new ride. Enjoy

impt scientific discovery: toddlers are so naughty because when you potty train them and they withhold poop, they are literally full of shit

Just over three weeks to go. When is the best time for my internal panic to move external?

For your first? Ours is just under 4 months. My wife is ridiculous; she texted me a few days before the due date and said "This is not urgent, but give me a call when you get this" I was in a meeting that was wrapping up in a few minutes so I waited 15 minutes or so to call her. "We just induced so you should come to the hospital" Took the better part of a day but was and has been worth it so far. The only advice is sleep as much as you can now because you won't get a full night for months (I still haven't)

Our 3rd is supposed to arrive on 9/14... We don't know gender this time.

With the 1st kid, it was definitely panic. With the 3rd kid it has been more about denial.

Good luck!

Back