• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Oh hey guys, I have a son. He’s pretty rad.
0c30a28a0c15fccaa10f89104dd89a76.jpg

A lot of chiropractors deny germ theory. So if you get sick it's because you're tired or not eating well or you need an alignment. So yeah, chiropractors are idiots.

A lot of chiropractors deny germ theory. So if you get sick it's because you're tired or not eating well or you need an alignment. So yeah, chiropractors are idiots.

Really? I know they generally practice their own sort of voodoo, but had no idea that some denied germ theory. That's just asinine

Ha, even though I don't know names I think I recognize Deakfreak07 based on the genetics.

Any recommendations for a cheap audio baby monitor? Our old Motorola video monitor is basically dead. Both camera microphones don't work, but we don't want to replace them.

Any recommendations for a cheap audio baby monitor? Our old Motorola video monitor is basically dead. Both camera microphones don't work, but we don't want to replace them.

we've used these $20 ones from Target after my wife started getting those weird/stalker phone calls and we canned our video monitor. they work fine and we don't feel bad if we leave them somewhere

https://www.target.com/p/vtech-digital-audio-baby-monitor-with-high-quality-sound-dm111/-/A-15090828

eta. though don't leave them on and sitting on the charging station all the time or the battery will get destroyed and you'll lose the portability function, if that's important.

It’s like they specifically make them to last 2-3 years tops before they break.

we've used these $20 ones from Target after my wife started getting those weird/stalker phone calls and we canned our video monitor. they work fine and we don't feel bad if we leave them somewhere

https://www.target.com/p/vtech-digital-audio-baby-monitor-with-high-quality-sound-dm111/-/A-15090828

eta. though don't leave them on and sitting on the charging station all the time or the battery will get destroyed and you'll lose the portability function, if that's important.

That’s the one my wife doesn’t want to get because of the bad reviews.

just seems dumb to pay more for a digital screen on a walkie talkie unless you want video capability.

i mean, i have no stake in it but i've had two sets and none of the 1 star reviews reflect my experiences. the only reason i had to buy a second set was that I left a pair at the beach/vacation. the only problem i've had was user error by blowing the rechargeable battery.

We've got a set of the V-tech DM221 monitors, and we haven't had any issues with them 6 weeks in. A bit more expensive than those 111s, but they do have a talk balk function which is useful if one of you is in the nursery and the other needs something.

The talk back still works on the video monitor. Yes, it’s weird. I wish we could just ditch the whole thing but the other night, our 6 year old came to the room to tell us the 9 year old was crying for us. So we still need audio. Also we just added a patio to the house so if we are outside and the boys are upstairs we can’t hear them at all.

Back