• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

47366348_2080593891960974_189668126613307392_n.jpg

:eek:

:wtf:

If she is resting while her children nap and teaching about Jesus all day, who the fuck is making dinner? Nap time is when you get shit done.

I’m going to assume that it’s not an actual argument in favor of women not having careers which is obviously absurd. I think it could have been written by a working mom to vent frustrations. Those realities on the left hand side can definitely lead to feelings of inadequacy, particularly when contrasted to the exaggerations of stay at home moms on the other side.

Or maybe Mark Harris has girl handwriting.

Because women (or men) whose career is "homemaker/child raiser" have kids that get naps every day? Have no resentment? All the time to spend on their interests? Have any desire to make sexy time with their lazy ass husband?

If that’s referring to me, that’s why I said exaggerations because that’s obviously not the case for stay at home moms either.

So she’s been married for 35 years and she’s going to tell young couples in 2018 that one of them shouldn’t work?

If I had to chase my 2 year old demon child who refuses to nap around the house all day there's no way I would be up to cooking dinner or have any desire to be "intimate" with my husband at the end of the day.

If I had to chase my 2 year old demon child who refuses to nap around the house all day there's no way I would be up to cooking dinner or have any desire to be "intimate" with my husband at the end of the day.

yeah my daughter stopped taking naps around 2yo. there's no way any person could stay sane playing/reading/teaching a toddler "all day" and get anything done, save shoving them in front of a TV or equivalent

yeah my daughter stopped taking naps around 2yo. there's no way any person could stay sane playing/reading/teaching a toddler "all day" and get anything done, save shoving them in front of a TV or equivalent

If they don’t, then God will send them to hell, so they better figure it out while Steve is playing golf with his clients.

Is staying home with your kids less moral, more moral, or neutral/it depends?

Alright, so Mrs. BSD stays home with the kids, and my head about exploded reading that nonsense. You could shuffle both of those columns up and it would be more accurate... except when it is not. Life is complicated.

5 year old threw up in class Friday.

2 year old threw up 3 times overnight Saturday into Sunday morning.

Husband had it coming out the other end Sunday evening into Monday.

I was feeling fine all weekend and all day at work Monday through evening boot camp and bedtime. Thought maybe I got lucky?

Nope. This is awful. Effing kids, man.

5 year old threw up in class Friday.

2 year old threw up 3 times overnight Saturday into Sunday morning.

Husband had it coming out the other end Sunday evening into Monday.

I was feeling fine all weekend and all day at work Monday through evening boot camp and bedtime. Thought maybe I got lucky?

Nope. This is awful. Effing kids, man.

Doesn't end. A colleague spent the last week with her daughter in the hospital. Poor kid got a kidney infection a week before final exams her first semester of college.

Sitting in a bball fundamental skills class watching the 6yo. A woman comes in and tells the coach she is declining to have him work on "that stuff. He just wants to shoot." The coach politely declined to allow that. To the kids credit he pulled away from her to go join the rest of the class.

Back