• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Same kid today got an address stamper while Mom was on the phone with the carpet cleaning company about the butt paste incident

33480acd197393e6ebaafe6dc4f88185.jpg

Seems like this lady should spend less time taking pictures and posting shit on Facebook and more time parenting her kid. If the kid is about to push the stamp down on the floor the first reaction should not be "let me take a picture so I can share it."

The demographics here trend a little younger than me. I'm going to have a daughter driving in 2 weeks, and I'm terrified!

Just watched a rec league basketball coach of 11 year olds come unglued and berate a referee to the point of being double technicalled and kicked out of the gym. It was a scene, man.

Some of those youth basketball refs are just so fucking bad.

Seems like this lady should spend less time taking pictures and posting shit on Facebook and more time parenting her kid. If the kid is about to push the stamp down on the floor the first reaction should not be "let me take a picture so I can share it."

If it's already happened, whatever. If she saw and was about to stop the first stamp, sure.
But you're right, and I'm sure you never stopped to laugh at some asinine thing your kid was doing before you put an end to it.

Kids had a 2 hour snow delay today. Their ski gear is at their mom's house, and girl said, "well, we can't play out in the snow anyway because we have no snow clothes." (she was on a campaign for why she should be allowed to watch TV on a school morning).

I just laughed and said, "every child in the south disagrees with you." Then I showed her and her brother how to layer bags between two pairs of socks so your feet stay dry, and lo and behold - everyone was able to go play in the snow.

Just watched a rec league basketball coach of 11 year olds come unglued and berate a referee to the point of being double technicalled and kicked out of the gym. It was a scene, man.

Time for the Reff to weigh in and say "I made the right call you SOB"....

Many parents suck when it comes to watching their kids play sports.

I had a parent ask me how I planned on improving my kids lateral quickness after a soccer game (he was 9). "Are you thinking about getting him a trainer?"

My 3 year old shit herself on the way to daycare this morning. She announced it by yelling "UH-OH!!!!! UHHHHHHH-OHHHHHHHH!!!! Daddy, that didn't feel like a toot." And now we're all waiting for the ensuing fun that the stomach bug brings.

My 3 year old shit herself on the way to daycare this morning. She announced it by yelling "UH-OH!!!!! UHHHHHHH-OHHHHHHHH!!!! Daddy, that didn't feel like a toot." And now we're all waiting for the ensuing fun that the stomach bug brings.

I know that feel, little lady.

Time for the Reff to weigh in and say "I made the right call you SOB"....

Many parents suck when it comes to watching their kids play sports.

I had a parent ask me how I planned on improving my kids lateral quickness after a soccer game (he was 9). "Are you thinking about getting him a trainer?"

If it's rec league tell him that's not your problem. If he's paying a few thousand dollars a year for organized soccer it's a somewhat reasonable question. Our league has a 48-hour grace period after games before parents can offer suggestions or ask specific questions about performance or tactics. Sounds like it's rec league though.

If it's rec league tell him that's not your problem. If he's paying a few thousand dollars a year for organized soccer it's a somewhat reasonable question. Our league has a 48-hour grace period after games before parents can offer suggestions or ask specific questions about performance or tactics. Sounds like it's rec league though.

The parent of a 9 year old paying a few thousand dollars a year for organized soccer encapsulates everything that's wrong American soccer.

i mean, it costs $100 for my 3 yr old to spend a few hours playing 'soccer' at the end of daycare once a week during the summer

If you've got a middle school player who is good and wants to get better you're on the hook for a bat in excess of $300 and a $125+ glove before you even get started. I've got a co-worker who just signed his son up for this year's travel team for $4,500. That doesn't include travel costs which will be another thousand for sure. He's been playing at that level for years, but there are other kids his age who have also been paying that much who just got cut from the JV team.

Soccer costs a little less, but can easily be more, depending on travel.

If you've got a middle school player who is good and wants to get better you're on the hook for a bat in excess of $300 and a $125+ glove before you even get started. I've got a co-worker who just signed his son up for this year's travel team for $4,500. That doesn't include travel costs which will be another thousand for sure. He's been playing at that level for years, but there are other kids his age who have also been paying that much who just got cut from the JV team.

Soccer costs a little less, but can easily be more, depending on travel.

Middle School age is understandable, if exorbitant. I thought you were saying people were routinely paying that much for training of second and third graders.

Back