• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

picking through some pet picks to post on the pet thread and couldn't help posting. My 6yo's thing is going shirtless lately. kinda got the Tom Petty pandemic hairdo going too and his hippie mother and I can't bring ourselves to cut it

PMZTWWL.jpg

everytime i scroll past this pic i crack up. kid looks fucking chill as hell

everytime i scroll past this pic i crack up. kid looks fucking chill as hell

That hair will be long enough to donate pretty soon if he decides to go short. Could help a kid who lost his or her hair to cancer treatment.

My 7 year old wears a shirt as infrequently as possible. He’s ridiculously proud of his physique. Dude’s gonna be an athlete. Just not sure what sport.

My 8 year old only wears a shirt for e-learning. Every day when he’s done, he comes out to the living room to ceremoniously take over his shirt and say “I’m done!”

My 8 year old only wears a shirt for e-learning. Every day when he’s done, he comes out to the living room to ceremoniously take over his shirt and say “I’m done!”

Yep. My youngest has pretty much lived in pj pants and no shirt for the last few months. He was't really paying much attention to his classes, so I've started making him keep the camera on, which means he has to wear shirts. He's also incredibly cold-natured, so he's shirtless, wrapped up in a blanket for school, but still holding out agains the shirt.

The 2yo, who has a pretty extensive vocabulary for her age, has pretended to be to be a dog for the last couple of days, and will only say “ruff, ruff”.

Just got our 11-year old an iPhone. He'll mainly use it to text with a few friends about getting together to play Among Us and when he stays at home by himself. Any suggestions for apps to monitor usage and restrict the bad stuff?

Just got our 11-year old an iPhone. He'll mainly use it to text with a few friends about getting together to play Among Us and when he stays at home by himself. Any suggestions for apps to monitor usage and restrict the bad stuff?

iPhone screen time is effective at controlling/restricting usage of most apps.

My 7 year old wears a shirt as infrequently as possible. He’s ridiculously proud of his physique. Dude’s gonna be an athlete. Just not sure what sport.

fuckkkkkk I remember when you first birthed Rambo.... and now he's 7.

The 2yo, who has a pretty extensive vocabulary for her age, has pretended to be to be a dog for the last couple of days, and will only say “ruff, ruff”.

To be fair I did that a couple months ago

When we first got our kid an iPhone we set it up with a no data plan so that she could call or text from anywhere but could only use other apps like safari, YouTube, etc. while on WiFi. On your WiFi network you can set up parental controls for certain devices and we also used screen time to limit how much time and what time of day she used the phone.

I’ve been reading a lot of “The Monster at the end of This book” with my four year old and I can’t decide if this is the book that made me appreciate meta fourth wall breaking media, or the book that was the first trigger for my anxiety.

I’ve been reading a lot of “The Monster at the end of This book” with my four year old and I can’t decide if this is the book that made me appreciate meta fourth wall breaking media, or the book that was the first trigger for my anxiety.

"Do you know that you are very strong?"

I didn’t even know there was an Elmo version. Fuck Elmo. We stan Grover in this house.

That Grover voice does fuck up my throat though.

I, too, didn't know there was an Elmo version.

I actually just bought the Grover one a couple of months ago. Something was triggered in my brain when I heard Grover's voice in Sesame Street and I thought, "Didn't I have a book about a monster and Grover when I was a little kid? I wonder if they still make that."

Yeah, doing the Grover voice is fun. I'll give Ernie & Cookie Monster a try, as well. None of the others, though.

Yeah, my daughter was like, "why do you keep turning the page after he tells you to stop. What's wrong with you?" So we never finished the book.

What timing. I have also been reading this book every night the past week or so as the book has resurfaced in my kids messy as shit room. It’s kind of therapeutic yelling at Elmo

Back