• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Oh man. Did you know that twins are two babies AT THE SAME TIME?

I am so impressed by parents of multiples. I know at some point it slows down and then it's nice because you're just through so many phases all at once, but I cannot fathom the daze of infancy. Many good vibes to you guys for a smooth pregnancy! No doubt there is a good subreddit that exists for parents of multiples; may be worth checking out.

Does it get any better than Good Night, Good Night Construction Site? I don't think so.

Three straight bedtimes with my 3 year old I've gotten him to fall asleep halfway through that book.

Clutch - checked with my wife to make sure I wasn't misrepresenting anything and when I asked her about the gadget she without hesitation said the app called "Baby Feed Timer" saved her life. It lets you track the feedings, diapers, medicine etc for each baby and if breastfeeding which side the baby ate from. With our first she logged all that by hand, but with two she said there was no way she would have been able to keep it all straight. It also has some nice little reporting features and was great to pull up on doc visits, though I think most valuable to my wife was being able to check on the app that I wasn't screwing things up when she went back to work and I was alone with them for 9 weeks.

Congrats clutch! Good luck!

This weekend my 14 year old tried to sneak a beer in my fridge. I found it opened on the top shelf behind some other jars and yoghurts with a few sips gone. It was a hop heavy IPA and Im sure she thought it was gross and put it back before she was caught. I’m pretty excited to be starting that phase of parenting. As lesson #1 I am kind of tempted to teach how to cover up her shit a little better than leaving an open beer in the fridge.

My twins are now 17. The best parenting advice I can give is:
1. Get this book and follow the rules. My twins were born at 37 weeks and both were sleeping through the night (7pm-6am) 10 weeks later. After that, you're able to feel like a human again. https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Slee...45486455/ref=mt_other?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=

2. Don't drop them, but otherwise they're not as hard as you're afraid of. Billions of people much dumber than you and with far less resources have successfully raised kids. You'll be fine.

3. Plan time for you and your wife to leave the kids with someone else OFTEN. You need time together. (That's not parenting advice, that's marriage advice.....and perhaps I'm out of my lane.)

My twins are now 17. The best parenting advice I can give is:
1. Get this book and follow the rules. My twins were born at 37 weeks and both were sleeping through the night (7pm-6am) 10 weeks later. After that, you're able to feel like a human again. https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Slee...45486455/ref=mt_other?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=

Just be prepared that the book is like 400 pages, but only about 20 pages of content. It's soooo repetitive, which I found made it really unhelpful.

I liked the approach of On Becoming Babywise better - managing their wake windows rather than their sleep periods.

Just be prepared that the book is like 400 pages, but only about 20 pages of content. It's soooo repetitive, which I found made it really unhelpful.

I liked the approach of On Becoming Babywise better - managing their wake windows rather than their sleep periods.

Yes, I bought this book on Diggler's recommendation and got absolutely nothing out of it. I'll save you $17: put your kid to bed 30 minutes earlier. If they're still fussier, put them to bed 30 minutes earlier than that. Rinse and repeat. Take out the accounts from happy parents and all the wonderful success stories, and that's all it says.

Yes, I bought this book on Diggler's recommendation and got absolutely nothing out of it. I'll save you $17: put your kid to bed 30 minutes earlier. If they're still fussier, put them to bed 30 minutes earlier than that. Rinse and repeat. Take out the accounts from happy parents and all the wonderful success stories, and that's all it says.

this is true. The cliff notes is: put your kids to bed BEFORE they act tired. Agree you can otherwise follow OGB's advice.

When my kids were littler we would start bedtime routine at 6:30. Kind of sucked not having much time with them after working a full day but I also didn’t mind the couple of hours to myself at night.

When my kids were littler we would start bedtime routine at 6:30. Kind of sucked not having much time with them after working a full day but I also didn’t mind the couple of hours to myself at night.

We did the opposite. I stayed at home with our oldest. My wife treated bath and bed time as guilty mommy playtime so he didn’t go to sleep until later.

Oranjello and Lemonjello.

My wife unironically asked if I liked the names Beau and Luke, how quickly I responded yes, made her realize something was up. I had to explain to her that they were the Duke boys from Dukes of Hazard, suffice it to say those names are now on the no list along with Walker and TR.

My wife unironically asked if I liked the names Beau and Luke, how quickly I responded yes, made her realize something was up. I had to explain to her that they were the Duke boys from Dukes of Hazard, suffice it to say those names are now on the no list along with Walker and TR.

It's Bo and Luke. Also, they were cousins, not brothers.

If you're having a hard time perfecting that swaddle, a little duct tape will do the trick.

“How are the twins doing?”

“You know. Just two good ol’ boys. Never meaning no harm.”

It literally never occurred to me that it COULD have been Beau.

Back