• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

E cracks us up on a daily basis with the stuff he says. We are in an awesome age in terms of imagination and silliness. But yeah, every excuse in the world not to go to bed.

My nephew Caspian has the only "unique" name in our family (though a cousin has a 2 yr. old, Rex) but combined with his alliterative last name (Brother took wife's name), I think it's pretty awesome.

aqazuza2.jpg

Sometimes, I'm at a loss about what are appropriate reactions and punishments.

We picked our kid up from camp today. His toothbrush was still in its original packaging and the soap still had "Dial" in perfect letters on it. He says that he showered, but just washed his hair.

Typically, if he doesn't brush his teeth, we take away any sweets for a day. I guess we'll do a week for the week at camp, but this is a serious WTF moment.

Sometimes, I'm at a loss about what are appropriate reactions and punishments.

We picked our kid up from camp today. His toothbrush was still in its original packaging and the soap still had "Dial" in perfect letters on it. He says that he showered, but just washed his hair.

Typically, if he doesn't brush his teeth, we take away any sweets for a day. I guess we'll do a week for the week at camp, but this is a serious WTF moment.

From both being a camper and being a counselor, kids do really stupid hygiene things at camp. Be glad he even showered with shampoo (supposedly). As long as he brushes at home, I don't see the point in punishing him for what he did all last week, especially because it was probably some dumb cabin contest that helped him bond with his peers - this was my camp experience, anyway.

I think I'd be more pissed that he didn't figure out to open the toothbrush package and lose the soap.

Yeah I would probably let it go. But then I can't see us punishing for not brushing teeth, only insisting that he do it but we are still doing it for him at this point so we will see.

I think I'd be more pissed that he didn't figure out to open the toothbrush package and lose the soap.

When I was that age, I was at least savvy enough to cover my tracks.

It's like he thinks we're dumb.

I have to do random "tooth by tooth inspections" about once a week to keep my girls on their toes with brushing. They will also get in the shower and stay in there for like 15 minutes and when they get out, the soap is dry and hair hadly even wet. I am like WTF and then make them get back in. So weird. My biggest gripe is that they will put clothes into the hamper instead of putting them back/away. Like if they try on a shirt and decide not to wear it, they will put it in the dirty clothes instead of fold and replace. So frustrating. Soon they will learn.:umkc:

I picked up my 1 year old out of his crib this morning after I had put on my fancy work attire and held him against me and realized he had sweated and pissed so much overnight that everything in the crib was wet. I had to take another shower. That was an awesome start to the day.

E got food poisoning this weekend and as I reached for a bucket for him to puke in, I scraped it across S's nose and made him bleed. #momfail

Back