• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

"Looks like your name isn't in stores. On the upside, you must have a really unique name."

If by "unique" they mean "on the top-10 list of girls names for the past century"... then yes, I do. So unique.

Same here (and we have different top 10 in the last century names).

We were between Spencer and Simon at the end and I think ultimately felt like Spencer "went with" Elliott better.

I love both their names (other names in consideration for both were Reid, Collin, Desmond, Donovan and Miles)

I have three daughters who all have pretty traditional names (I think :noidea:) and none of them made the cut for Coke. One is a double name, though, and one of the names is on there.

We were between Spencer and Simon at the end and I think ultimately felt like Spencer "went with" Elliott better.

I love both their names (other names in consideration for both were Reid, Collin, Desmond, Donovan and Miles)

Really like both of those names. Donovan would have made me think of McNabb and Desmond of Desmond Clark, but that is likely just me.

Yep. Neither my given name, nor any female spelling of my nickname. Jesse like Uncle Jesse is though.

Weird to me that Jess and Jesse are both there. My dad's name is Jess and I was surprised to see it on the list.

My wife is going on a bachelorette weekend this upcoming weekend. Her parents are taking our 9-month old Friday night since I have something really early Saturday morning, but I will be ALL ALONE with her for the first time ever Saturday afternoon until Sunday afternoon.

Pray for me.

Really like both of those names. Donovan would have made me think of McNabb and Desmond of Desmond Clark, but that is likely just me.

Ultimately Desmond Lastname is an actor and Desmond Scott brought up yucky connections (duke)

We had trouble agreeing on a boy's name (and then didn't have to since we found out at our 20 week ultrasound and dropped the discussion). But I like Collin and Desmond a lot. And yes, Des also makes me think of LOST, but meh.

Back