• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

We had trouble agreeing on a boy's name (and then didn't have to since we found out at our 20 week ultrasound and dropped the discussion). But I like Collin and Desmond a lot. And yes, Des also makes me think of LOST, but meh.

Collin was Matt's favorite. I just wasn't in love with it.

We were between Spencer and Simon at the end and I think ultimately felt like Spencer "went with" Elliott better.

I love both their names (other names in consideration for both were Reid, Collin, Desmond, Donovan and Miles)

My last name is Elliott so hypothetical son would be Spencer Elliott

Elliott Elliott? Doooo it.

I know a John Johns, which is weird. Also know a guy with the last name Krake (pronounced crack-e). He always joked about naming a boy Graham.

Our last name is Hunter so we could have kept it really simply and gone with Hunter Hunter whether we have a boy or girl ha. With Hunter as a last name had to be a little aware of not using a noun as the first name. We could have gone super whisky tango and named her Diamond Hunter.

Our last name is Hunter so we could have kept it really simply and gone with Hunter Hunter whether we have a boy or girl ha. With Hunter as a last name had to be a little aware of not using a noun as the first name. We could have gone super whisky tango and named her Diamond Hunter.

You may have deprived humanity of the world's greatest stripper.

My sister in law named her son Elliott. I often call him Smelliott. I hope he's not a nerd in middle school.

Etiquette question: my wife and I are expecting #3 in February. My sister was also expecting a baby at the same time, but miscarried early on. Should we avoid all mentions of baby-ness with her, if possible? Expect that it shouldn't be a problem? Case by case basis?

You may have deprived humanity of the world's greatest stripper.

My sister in law named her son Elliott. I often call him Smelliott. I hope he's not a nerd in middle school.

We call ours Smelliott as well. Figure it's best to embrace it. Did your SIL spell it with 2 l's and 2 t's? It never occurred to us not to but his name is never spelled right. When we were telling S's name to the birth certificate woman and she said "that's s-p-e-n-c-e-r, right?" I asked her if there was another way to avoid the same fate.

Etiquette question: my wife and I are expecting #3 in February. My sister was also expecting a baby at the same time, but miscarried early on. Should we avoid all mentions of baby-ness with her, if possible? Expect that it shouldn't be a problem? Case by case basis?

I think you have to let her take the lead on that. If she brings up baby, go with it, if she doesn't, go with that.

We call ours Smelliott as well. Figure it's best to embrace it. Did your SIL spell it with 2 l's and 2 t's? It never occurred to us not to but his name is never spelled right. When we were telling S's name to the birth certificate woman and she said "that's s-p-e-n-c-e-r, right?" I asked her if there was another way to avoid the same fate.

I had to look it up, but yeah, two ts and ls. Only other reasonable way to spell it would be one t, but I'd guess there are many different ways that people get cute with it. Elyut, probably.

The name you want it Etienne.

That way people will refer to your kid as ET and Elliot.

et-3.jpg

I had to look it up, but yeah, two ts and ls. Only other reasonable way to spell it would be one t, but I'd guess there are many different ways that people get cute with it. Elyut, probably.

Nah, one t is pretty much how it gets spelled 99%of the time that it is wrong. Sometimes Eliot.

It seems my wife and I are in the minority on Facebook when it comes to our kids and school. I've seen a plethora of "Can't wait till the kids are in school"... "ahhh quiet"... etc. If you're looking forward to sending your kids off for a few hours, you should have rethought the plan of being a parent in the first place....

^ Self righteous facebook parenting ftw.

In honor of world breastfeeding week 2014 I'm so happy to announce that I am blessed to be nursing my newborn daughter as well as a little tandem nursing including my 3.5 year old to help these two beautiful girls bond and provide their bodies with beautiful nutrition!

:sick:

In honor of world breastfeeding week 2014 I'm so happy to announce that I am blessed to be nursing my newborn daughter as well as a little tandem nursing including my 3.5 year old to help these two beautiful girls bond and provide their bodies with beautiful nutrition!

I didn't think you had a 3.5 year old.

not the best use of "tandem" and "nurse" but whatever floats your boat

Its down to Walter John and David Aaron. I can't believe Walter has made it to the finals.

Its down to Walter John and David Aaron. I can't believe Walter has made it to the finals.

David Aaron:

0000935481.jpg

David Aaron Perkins, 36, was sentenced to death in June in Clayton County for the Aug. 13, 1995, slaying of Herbert Ryals III, a 38-year-old man who lived in the same apartment complex.

Prosecutors believe Mr. Perkins, who had a long history of criminal convictions for violence and theft, lured Mr. Ryals to his home to rob him. Mr. Ryals' body was found in the bathroom where he had fledtrying to defend himself from more than 11 stab wounds.

During his trial when a Virginia police officer testified how Mr. Perkins had thrown a fellow officer through a window, Mr. Perkins taunted the courtroom by making boxing gestures.

Walter John, on the other hand, was a German chess master.

I think the choice is obvious.

Last edited:
Back