• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

I love the WakeandBake is openly violating the #1 rule of baby naming. Don't tell people the names and open yourself up to criticism.

Wally Jack (or Wall Jack as his friends call him) is a beautiful name.

Have I posted these before? Did anyone else own The Practical Storybook when they were little? I think I am still traumatized by some of these stories.

1610748_10100189943448673_994170964685109696_n.jpg

10565121_10100189946063433_1230528051968212205_n.jpg

for us it was Der Struwwelpeter (German immigrant mother).

Don;t suck your thumb or a guy with big scissors will cut it off

fullsize

Don't play with matches:

383940548_6abe256543.jpg

Have I posted these before? Did anyone else own The Practical Storybook when they were little? I think I am still traumatized by some of these stories.

1610748_10100189943448673_994170964685109696_n.jpg

10565121_10100189946063433_1230528051968212205_n.jpg

wtf, no.
also - they did it wrong. they made all the characters the "big bad wolf" and the "mean elf" - so bad things only happen to bad people? no - should have been the soft kitty warm kitty that got hit by a car.

It seems my wife and I are in the minority on Facebook when it comes to our kids and school. I've seen a plethora of "Can't wait till the kids are in school"... "ahhh quiet"... etc. If you're looking forward to sending your kids off for a few hours, you should have rethought the plan of being a parent in the first place....

^ Self righteous facebook parenting ftw.

I love my kids more than anything on this fine planet but most nights at 8:00 I'm ready for them to take their sweet asses to bed. If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I love my kids more than anything on this fine planet but most nights at 8:00 I'm ready for them to take their sweet asses to bed. If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

The guy that posted this is an insufferable twat.

wtf, no.
also - they did it wrong. they made all the characters the "big bad wolf" and the "mean elf" - so bad things only happen to bad people? no - should have been the soft kitty warm kitty that got hit by a car.

Yeah, that's a good point. Most of the other stories do have a more cuddly protagonist (little hippo that keeps pooping in her pants and no one wants to play with her, cute panda who wanders off from her parents and gets lost, etc)

Yeah, that's a good point. Most of the other stories do have a more cuddly protagonist (little hippo that keeps pooping in her pants and no one wants to play with her, cute panda who wanders off from her parents and gets lost, etc)

:rofl:

You don't even know how ridiculous these stories are. I wish I could scan the whole book and post it here.

In that one the little hippo is toilet training, but keeps pooping in her pants. So she's at the playground or somewhere and poops in her pants and all the other animals are like, "Ew, who had an accident? We don't want to play with you anymore cause you stink." Then next time she remembers she has to go and rushes to the toilet just in time. And everyone is happy.

Then there's the story that's about a mom going back to work. But it doesn't go exactly as you think it would. Basically the little cat asks her mom why she doesn't work, and the mom says it's because she stays home with the kid, yada yada. And the kid is like, I know so and so's mom watches kids during the day for other working moms. Why don't you go back to work, I'll stay with this other mom, and then we'll have more money to buy more clothes and other things. So the mom goes back to work, and thus they are able to buy more stuff.

You don't even know how ridiculous these stories are. I wish I could scan the whole book and post it here.

In that one the little hippo is toilet training, but keeps pooping in her pants. So she's at the playground or somewhere and poops in her pants and all the other animals are like, "Ew, who had an accident? We don't want to play with you anymore cause you stink." Then next time she remembers she has to go and rushes to the toilet just in time. And everyone is happy.

Then there's the story that's about a mom going back to work. But it doesn't go exactly as you think it would. Basically the little cat asks her mom why she doesn't work, and the mom says it's because she stays home with the kid, yada yada. And the kid is like, I know so and so's mom watches kids during the day for other working moms. Why don't you go back to work, I'll stay with this other mom, and then we'll have more money to buy more clothes and other things. So the mom goes back to work, and thus they are able to buy more stuff.

'murica

Took me an entire week, but finally figured out how to have a successful day at the beach with an 8-month-old and soon to be 3 year old. Unfortunately, as soon as we figure it out, it is time to go home. C'est la vie.

Seriously though, I feel like this experience was one of those life tests where you can find solace in the frustrating moments that this will be the most logistically complicated and overall hardest fucking family vacation we ever take. Still had a good time though.

I hear you. One day we got home from the beach and I said to my wife, "One day, we'll just get out of the car, tell them to get everything out of the car and vacuum out the sand and we'll just go inside."

Took me an entire week, but finally figured out how to have a successful day at the beach with an 8-month-old and soon to be 3 year old.

Copious amounts of alcohol for yourself and a sober spouse?

A friend of mine said it best when he said, "Vacation with young children isn't really vacation. It's just 'travel.'"

The Squirrel got in on the #ShartWeek action. He just beef stewed all over the changing table the second the diaper came off.

I imagine he feels a great sense of relief.

Lucky you guys have a changing table that's easy to clean

Eww. Welcome to baby world!

The Bug recently has been into bare butt farting. Esp at bedtime when we do a diaper change she tries really hard to fart (and laughs when she succeeds). You can always see that little butthole trying to work its magic. Surprised she hasn't pooped on us recently.

Back