• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

I've had the distinct pleasure of attending a 'Guns or Glitter' reveal. The father-to-be shot a rifle at balloons that revealed the sex.

A buddy of mine had a small paper mache football filled with colored chalk in it - his wife hiked it to him and he punted it; the paper mache exploded on the kick and a cloud of blue dust revealed to everyone that they are having a boy.

I've seen the cake/cupcake thing done a few times. We choose not to find out in either case. No regrets.

We found out early but didn't feel the need to make a production out of it.

Aren't you supposed to just walk out in the waiting room where your family is gathered and present the dong or lady penis to the world like Rafiki on Pride Rock?

250f31c.png

Isn't that the way God intended?

We found out early but didn't feel the need to make a production out of it.

Like any good Gen Xer.

There's not much millennial garbage that makes me roll my eyes, but gender reveal parties are just ridiculous.

having your pregnant wife hike you a pinata to punt is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard

maybe if someone stuffed a wild boar full of colored powder and then you had to jump on it's back and stab it to death in a small arena

that's probably the only acceptable reveal party

a gender reveal party is the most millenial thing ever. every life moment doesn't deserve a fucking party.

I prefer my children to figure out their own gender identity sometime in their teenage years. I don't force gender upon them before they've even been born. Seems barbaric.

a gender reveal party is the most millenial thing ever. every life moment doesn't deserve a fucking party.

to be clear, we are not doing a party. it will most likely be me and my wife and 2.5yo opening the letter. maybe we will have the parents over. was just thinking of doing something more fun than opening an envelope but apparently that is a monumentally bad idea

i may be way late to the game, but I just came across this and will never be able to read the book normally again.

I prefer my children to figure out their own gender identity sometime in their teenage years. I don't force gender upon them before they've even been born. Seems barbaric.

Yep. The post millennial gender reveal party will be when the kid is ready.

Back