• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

i may be way late to the game, but I just came across this and will never be able to read the book normally again.

That radio station has done a whole bunch of them - Ludacris is probably the best one. Kid Ink's version is pretty good too.

I read it to my niece Migos style. 1:45 is my favorite part of the reading.

you're on the parenting thread? always knew you had a kid out there you weren't telling anyone about

When you only have 15 minutes of work to do a day you read EVERY thread. Except the tunnels, of course. I'm not a masochist.

Found out today the hard way - 12 month shots are the worst. one in each arm and one in each leg plus finger prick

When I was a kid, I loved the Berenstain Bears books. My grandmother (mom's side) would get me at least one every year for my bday, and usually other times throughout the year. I still have all of them and am excited to share them with my kid (we just had our first a few months ago). My mom bought us one of the new BB books recently as a gift for Valentines Day for her grandson. I flipped through it last night, excited at the prospect of new material, and was saddened to see that religion and god have been injected into the content. I was fairly certain, but not 100% sure, that the old books had no mention of religion and went back to confirm (it's true).

A quick search of the Googles reveals that their son - a born again Christian - has taken over the business and purposefully taken the books in a religion-based direction, which is a huge bummer. One of the great things about the original series was their ability to tell compelling stories that had relatable messages of ethics and morality, without being religious in any way.

/rant

Maybe this is common knowledge, but the Squirrel was recently watching VeggieTales for the first time. I had no idea it was injected with christianity.

My youngest son had a thing for Veggie tales when he was little and I would hear him win arguments with his older brother with this zinger, "Tell the truth! God doesn't like it when we lie!"

Maybe this is common knowledge, but the Squirrel was recently watching VeggieTales for the first time. I had no idea it was injected with christianity.

Very common knowledge. I know they toned it down when they got picked up by NBC.

VeggieTales has to be the most successful Christian show. I can't think of any that have been so mainstream.

7 week old slept 10 hours last night #blessed

Of course I’m immediately like IS THAT OKAY IS SHE GETTING SICK LETS GOOGLE IT

7 week old slept 10 hours last night #blessed

Of course I’m immediately like IS THAT OKAY IS SHE GETTING SICK LETS GOOGLE IT

At least you went with wondering if she was sick rather than wondering if she is alive. We freaked out the first time our daughter slept more than 5 hours straight.

There is snow on the ground.
7yr old pretty much refuses to wear pants right now.

I know I shouldn't care so much/choose this as my hill to die on, but hot damn. It wouldn't bother me so much if she didn't then complain about being cold in the house (which is always responded to with, "Look at all the layers everyone else is wearing. If you are cold, you can put on warmer clothes.").

Back