• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

What a dumbass.

I call BS on that one. We can rarely get the police to issue a restraining order when one is warranted, they aren't going out of their way to require one when it clearly isn't. The cops would have just left and file a no evidence report.

Child abuse is a zero tolerance issue. Like saying bomb at the airport. Not even that funny

Is it ok to have one child be your favorite photo subject? (I swear I love them the same it's just that only one does stuff rn)

Some of those details are definitely bullshit. Guy sounds like a stupid tool.

Congrats!

Update: Penis is healing, albeit slowly. Belly button stinks already... Forgot how terrible that smell is when you get close, but I guess it is rotting flesh, after all. He still likes to sleep all day and then be active at night (like right now, for example). He also poops a lot.

Did y’all deliver at the Baby Factory? It just occurred to me we may have been there at the same time.

Did y’all deliver at the Baby Factory? It just occurred to me we may have been there at the same time.

Northside for all three kids. I assume that’s where you meant.

Did you leave on Friday afternoon (9/14) around 4pm?

If so, I was parked behind you waiting for my wife to come down. Was going to give you a “Go Deacs!” but you seemed to be having a nice moment with your family.

Northside for all three kids. I assume that’s where you meant.

Did you leave on Friday afternoon (9/14) around 4pm?

If so, I was parked behind you waiting for my wife to come down. Was going to give you a “Go Deacs!” but you seemed to be having a nice moment with your family.

That was me. We had to wait a full 48 hours to be released after the delivery. Had the pleasure of watching the Wake-BC game on the hospital TV with guests coming in and out.

There already been some vaxx discussion on here? I just found out some chiropractor friends dont vaccinate their kids, and they all play together. My kids are vaccinated. Whats the proper response here?

There already been some vaxx discussion on here? I just found out some chiropractor friends dont vaccinate their kids, and they all play together. My kids are vaccinated. Whats the proper response here?

Make fun of them when their kids get sick and yours doesn't

Cut them out of your life for putting your kids (and other people in society) at risk and hoping herd immunity saves their own?

Not a sermon. Just thought.

We took our 2.5yr old daughter to the Renaissance Faire this weekend and she had a great time this year. Last year she was a little young but between the horses and all the cosplaying and falconry demonstrations she was having a ball. I can see why people take their kid to Disney even if they won't remember it.

We took our 2.5yr old daughter to the Renaissance Faire this weekend and she had a great time this year. Last year she was a little young but between the horses and all the cosplaying and falconry demonstrations she was having a ball. I can see why people take their kid to Disney even if they won't remember it.

Yeah, that was us this year. We took our 4 year old to Disney (very short trip) and it was fantastic. Can't wait until the whole crew gets a little older so we can do an extended trip.

I was definitely one of those people who said I'd never do it before they were like 6 or 7 and might remember some of it... But she had so much fun that I felt like it was well worth it.

"I'm sorry you hate science."

I said that to a guy in the elevator the other day. He 'doesn't believe in flu shots.' I don't know what he expected me to say, but it wasn't that based on his expression.

In all seriousness, though - not sure what you can do that will affect them/their decisions, short of choosing not to play with them anymore and anonymously signing them up for a bunch of free science publications. Being in PDX, I'm sure the kiddos are around unvaccinated kids and we just don't realize it. Thankfully they're not immunocompromised so we don't have to be as careful about that? but if that were ever the case, it would just have to be a conversation we have with people before hanging out.

94b0ed759b7ef8cd83ea4909399111f7.jpg

After only about a week, it’s safe to say that being a parent is fucking awesome. I have absolutely no clue how single parents manage this alone though. We aren’t spending nearly enough on assistance for single parents. I’m not sure anyone on this planet could work harder than them.

Interesting that it’s a chiropractor. We have a friend whose husband is the son of a chiropractor and isn’t vaccinated. He’s a huge asshole in general but he has convinced his wife that vaccinations are stupid and tells her sister any time the kids get a cold that the reason is because she vaccinated.

Our friend was staying with us this weekend and I mentioned we were largely stuck at home because Baby Cav doesn’t have his shots yet. She asked, “Oh, is that something you plan on doing?”

My response of “Of course we are.” in the tone of “what moron doesn’t want to vaccinate” was not well received.

It must be like a chiropractor Thing. There was a big vaccination thread on one of my FB groups recently and one chick was going hard about “do your research!” “If you even read the ingredients once you’d never get one again!” and then said she would post some links to evidence but just posted links to some chiropractor’s Instagram.

Back