• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

My kids got into roller coaster videos at about the same age.

I showed both my kids Labyrinth last night, and as they both were whimpering under my covers at about midnight I realized that probably wasn’t the best idea.

I showed both my kids Labyrinth last night, and as they both were whimpering under my covers at about midnight I realized that probably wasn’t the best idea.

Definitely intimidated by Bowie's codpiece.

I was 8 when that movie came out and loved everything except the Firerys, which kind of creeped me out. Then again, I was(am) a huge fan of anything Henson, and loved Dark Crystal when I was a kid too.

Can't believe they changed creature report. I was dragged to the live action show years ago.

Yeah, in the new season they also talk about places and phenomena, so they’ve made it Octo Report. But the song is lame. No one likes it.

Encanto is on nonstop in this house.

I am ok with this development in mine. My kids listen to the soundtrack non-stop, but I dig it. Getting a little tired of We Don't Talk About Bruno though.

White chicks on Facebook love “we don’t talk about Bruno” but I thought surface pressure was the better song from the outset.

sure does seem like "Surface Pressure is better" is the new "i liked them before they got big"

White chicks on Facebook love “we don’t talk about Bruno” but I thought surface pressure was the better song from the outset.

wife loves both those songs (white chick) but I think she said Surface Pressure is better

Searched the thread, but didn't find anything re: adenoids. Our 18 month old has never been a great sleeper, and we got an ENT referral from his pediatrician, and today they diagnosed him with really big ass adenoids, which may be, but aren't certainly, the cause of his waking up a lot, and recommend getting them removed.

Anyone have any experience with adenoid surgery? Anything to watch out for? They were like try to keep him from running or climbing or overexerting himself afterwards for 10 days, like....lol.

I had mine out at the same time as my tonsils. I think I was 4 or 5? I sort of remember the hospital trip and getting ice cream after I woke up. Hope that helps!

Dos oruguitas from Encanto is Lin Manuel's wife's favorite song that he has written

My 4yo had Adenoids and tonsils removed this morning, rough day afterwards. Nurse told us her adenoids were taking up half her sinus cavity and her tonsils were 3+. Anyone got advice for the recovery week?

My 4yo had Adenoids and tonsils removed this morning, rough day afterwards. Nurse told us her adenoids were taking up half her sinus cavity and her tonsils were 3+. Anyone got advice for the recovery week?

I'll be here Friday, when my son gets his adenoids taken out. So I don't have advice, but good luck!

Back