• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

After you get your achievement with 1250, trophies are pretty overrated. Resources are far more important.

You can't really move up in trophies unless you get better defenses/troops, and those things take buttloads of resources. I routinely take myself down (by deploying 1 troop to lose on purpose) to 1300 trophies and then destroy weaker people's bases for resources on the way back up to 1500 trophies. At 1500, I get attacked pretty relentlessly, so I don't like to stay there for long.

Once my town hall finishes upgrading, I'll probably work on staying in the 1500-1700 range.

Haha thats actually a good idea, I just have too much pride to lose on purpose. To me it's just a game, I'm not losing real money, so I'm doing everything I can to F that base up and get 100%

So I'm in a clan now, and have some troops in my castle....will they automatically deploy when someone attacks me, or do I have to set a trigger or something?

Automatic, and once they defend you, they're gone and need to be replaced.

You can also use them to attack.

I have no idea how to use them to attack. They seem to defend automatically though

Sweet.....time to put this clan on my back and march up through the rankings...

I have no idea how to use them to attack. They seem to defend automatically though

When you're attacking, one of the "troops" you can deploy is our little BuzzOut yellow and black crest. If you have troops in your castle, they'll be there. You just drop that little castle onto the map and the troops flow out of it and attack automatically.

Wait, your clan is BuzzOut??? :bowrofl:

That's awesome

Automatic, and once they defend you, they're gone and need to be replaced.

You can also use them to attack.

When defending, if they don't die, they return to your castle. When attacking, you lose them even if they don't die.

So my niece started a game on my tablet and I figured I would never continue it. Turns out I was wrong. I'm currently staying put at a Level 3 Town Hall until I have upgraded everything to its max capacity. Only problem is she named the damn thing "Lord Feriwinkle" and it was far enough along that I didn't want to start over. I have no idea where that came from but if you can take pity on a guy with a niece who likes to mess with him, I'd be up for joining the BuzzOut clan at some point in the future. I'm BzOut in real life, might as well be in fake worlds as well.

1. I so would have claimed that awesome name for myself, that's awesome.

2. Why would she name herself Lord and not Princess?

3. Now you can admit it was you all along and apologize to your niece :thumbsup:

1. I so would have claimed that awesome name for myself, that's awesome.

2. Why would she name herself Lord and not Princess?

3. Now you can admit it was you all along and apologize to your niece :thumbsup:

She named it Lord because she started the game for me or rather her parents encouraged her to show her uncle this great game. I think she wanted to name it Lord Stinkypants (stinkypants being her affectionate term for her uncle) but apparently settled on Feriwinkle instead. Maybe I should take your advice in 3 and just claim I came up with the name from here on out.

Oh man, I love the name Lord Feriwinkle.

Ok, someone who has beaten the last two levels on the single player give me a semi-detailed breakdown of your troops. The teslas just keep fucking up my PEKKA warriors and i hate it.

Oh man, I love the name Lord Feriwinkle.

Ok, someone who has beaten the last two levels on the single player give me a semi-detailed breakdown of your troops. The teslas just keep fucking up my PEKKA warriors and i hate it.

I honestly don't remember, but I think I had 10 or so balloons. I know I was stuck on the 2nd to last one for a while, but after I got 1 star and moved on I beat the final level on my first try

I am wondering how to target my elixir resource upgrades. I have level 4 Barbs/Goblins/Blaster Guys/Archers. Then 3 level giants and 2nd level Wizard/Balloon. Do yall use the Wizard or Balloon regularly? I am wondering whether to spend anything to upgrade those at this point, or just focus on getting some of my main guys to level 5.

I have made a handful of balloons ever, but was thinking that maybe that is a mistake and you should hold them until late in the battle and let them fly once the air defenses are down.

Back