• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

I am wondering how to target my elixir resource upgrades. I have level 4 Barbs/Goblins/Blaster Guys/Archers. Then 3 level giants and 2nd level Wizard/Balloon. Do yall use the Wizard or Balloon regularly? I am wondering whether to spend anything to upgrade those at this point, or just focus on getting some of my main guys to level 5.

I have made a handful of balloons ever, but was thinking that maybe that is a mistake and you should hold them until late in the battle and let them fly once the air defenses are down.

That's what I do...mainly the air-specific defenses, and usually make enough to deploy in a group, and they can take out things quickly if they don't get shot down.

I just can't bring myself to bother with the single player campaign. It's just such a giant money sink for your resources.

I just can't bring myself to bother with the single player campaign. It's just such a giant money sink for your resources.

I think it's the opposite if you can consistently win. The last 10 levels or so give you a ton of goods.

Not if you do it from the start of the game. If everything is already level 5 then yeah it may not be profitable but if you do a few levels as you upgrades its worth it in the end. The last 12 or so levels yield from 100,000 of each per victory to 800,000 of each

I am wondering how to target my elixir resource upgrades. I have level 4 Barbs/Goblins/Blaster Guys/Archers. Then 3 level giants and 2nd level Wizard/Balloon. Do yall use the Wizard or Balloon regularly? I am wondering whether to spend anything to upgrade those at this point, or just focus on getting some of my main guys to level 5.

I have made a handful of balloons ever, but was thinking that maybe that is a mistake and you should hold them until late in the battle and let them fly once the air defenses are down.

Get Level 4 Giants and Healers. Target air defenses, then attack with Level 4 Giants followed by a Healer. Once the giants have taken out the main mortars and wizard towers, send in gobs/barbs/archers to clean up the resources. Wizards/Ballons are mostly worthless. I would upgrade spells before those.

What is the best way to take out Wizard Towers? Those tend to be my downfall, I will have a huge crew get pinned in and then 3 seconds later they are zapped. I try to counter act with the bomb guys, but sometimes I target them poorly.

Giants followed by healers. If you dont have healers, sic one giant on wizard tower and then surround with archers. Tower will attack giant, ignoring archers and archers will take down tower.

I had gone 2-22 in a string of horrible defenses, and then make some adjustments and have won 9 straight, but all against someone just throwing 1 soldier out there. Strange, I guess I made it 'strong enough'/'low resources' for the big boys not to worry about attacking.

So do air defenses effectively take out dragons as well? I'm nowhere near being able to build dragons, but that huge dragon attack on Buckets sounds like a pretty solid way to erase people.

So far I'm running mainly giants, barbs, and gobs.....set the giants and barbs out to get the attention of the defense, then smash and grab with the gobs. The archers seem overrated, but maybe I'm misusing them?

I had gone 2-22 in a string of horrible defenses, and then make some adjustments and have won 9 straight, but all against someone just throwing 1 soldier out there. Strange, I guess I made it 'strong enough'/'low resources' for the big boys not to worry about attacking.

at this point I only attack people who are dumb enough to have all their elixir pumps/mines grouped together

So do air defenses effectively take out dragons as well? I'm nowhere near being able to build dragons, but that huge dragon attack on Buckets sounds like a pretty solid way to erase people.

So far I'm running mainly giants, barbs, and gobs.....set the giants and barbs out to get the attention of the defense, then smash and grab with the gobs. The archers seem overrated, but maybe I'm misusing them?

My main strategy is similar except I use 40 goblins, 15-20 barbs, and 5-10 archers as my main goal is resources stealing. I like to keep a few archers around in case I stumble upon a guy that I can deploy archers to destroy their walls while being out of range of defenses. Otherwise I release the barbs to distract the defenses, and take out a wall section if need be, and then release my swarm of green on the town. I can normally take out most resources that way. I will also often surrender the battle before doing enough damage to win which gives me all the resources I stole plus I lose trophies. My town defenses have stood up to all but one assault so far and to sort of cheat I leave my town hall wide open and vulnerable. Often times it will be one of only a few buildings they destroy which means I keep most of my resources and my shield goes up because I lost my town hall. I call that a win-win, though I guess it is technically a defeat.

My main strategy is similar except I use 40 goblins, 15-20 barbs, and 5-10 archers as my main goal is resources stealing. I like to keep a few archers around in case I stumble upon a guy that I can deploy archers to destroy their walls while being out of range of defenses. Otherwise I release the barbs to distract the defenses, and take out a wall section if need be, and then release my swarm of green on the town. I can normally take out most resources that way. I will also often surrender the battle before doing enough damage to win which gives me all the resources I stole plus I lose trophies. My town defenses have stood up to all but one assault so far and to sort of cheat I leave my town hall wide open and vulnerable. Often times it will be one of only a few buildings they destroy which means I keep most of my resources and my shield goes up because I lost my town hall. I call that a win-win, though I guess it is technically a defeat.

I don't understand this....my goblins get destroyed easily when I attack....a few mortar hits and some cannons and they're gone.

Same with archers....are you guys just not getting opponents with 3+ archers, 3+ mortars, 3+ teslas, 3+ wizard towers, and a handful of cannons?

And even with my town hall out in the open, people were still attacking that and then getting through my walls and taking the resources.

I don't understand this....my goblins get destroyed easily when I attack....a few mortar hits and some cannons and they're gone.

Same with archers....are you guys just not getting opponents with 3+ archers, 3+ mortars, 3+ teslas, 3+ wizard towers, and a handful of cannons?

And even with my town hall out in the open, people were still attacking that and then getting through my walls and taking the resources.

Well I am only level 20 with a Level 4 Town Hall so I do not run into many towns with that many defenses. The most I see is normally 2 archers towers, 2 cannons, and a mortar. My advice would not apply to somebody at a higher level like you are.

Eta: at my current level I am basically stealing candy from a baby because I max out before upgrading Town Hall levels

Last edited:
New Updates

✔ Joining a League is easy: just own 400 trophies or more!

✔ Get a Loot Bonus out of every victory just from being in a League!

✔ Loot Bonus increases the higher you climb in the Leagues

New unit, defenses and building upgrades

✔ Rock Hard: summon a mighty Golem with Dark Elixir. A glutton for punishment, the Golem won't stop even if you ♥♥♥♥ it in half!

✔ Upgrade the Dark Barracks to level 4 to unlock the Golem

✔ Bolster your defenses with an additional Wizard Tower and a Seeking Air Mine at Town Hall level 9

✔ Level 5 Clan Castle and level 7 Hidden Tesla upgrade now available, also at Town Hall level 9!

Clan improvements

✔ Clan Leader is now able to send messages directly to Clan Members' inboxes

✔ Chat message formatting overhauled

✔ Clan tournament length increased to two weeks, reward doubled

✔ Troop donation statistics now reset every other week

✔ Clan troop donation information is now visible to all players, not just Clan members

Usability improvements

✔ If Clan Castle has space for more troops, "Request" message displayed on top of it

✔ Added option for rotating a Wall section

✔ Added confirmation dialog when speeding up unit and spell upgrades

✔ Attack notification improved for players playing with multiple devices

Balance tweaks

✔ The percentage of loot that can be stolen from Gold Storage and Elixir Storage was decreased to make it easier for newer players to save up resources. The maximum possible amount of loot remains the same.

✔ Upgrade times for Hog Rider, Minion, and Valkyrie decreased

✔ Air Bomb explosion radius decreased

✔ Level 5 Minion hitpoints decreased

✔ Hidden Tesla trigger radius increased

✔ Gold Mine, Elixir Pump and Dark Barracks upgrade times reduced

✔ Spells are now much faster to create

✔ Balloons explode and deal additional damage when destroyed

✔ Wall Breaker behavior improved

✔ Mortar and Wizard Tower don't restart their attack cycle if their would-be target is destroyed, instead they switch targets

✔ Clan Castle troops deploy faster to the battlefield

✔ When your village is under attack from flying units only, your melee troops will stay inside the Clan Castle

Also many small bug fixes and tweaks!

Also, I know I posted this in the clan chat last night, but it was hard to understand as I tried to paraphrase, so ill post it here to. Like I said, I had the idea, but now that I research it Google had it first. Can't believe I didn't think of it before now to be honest.

A WAY TO SAVE ELIXIR FROM BEING STOLEN

When you know you're going to take a break from attacking (no shield) fill up your camps with whatever your normal attack lineup is. Once full, go into your barracks and tell them to train whatever the max amount of wall breakers is for that barrack. Do the same with the rest of your barracks. Since your camps are full, the units will not actually train, however, your elixir will be charged with the price of the units waiting to be trained. In the morning, or whenever you're ready to attack, simply enter the barracks and cancel all of the pending builds. You will get a full elixir refund and save all of it if you got attacked overnight. It also lists your elixir as less when others are looking for bases to attack

Back