• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

I got attacked today by 24 level-5 bomb dudes and 145 level-5 barbs among some others. Got the W, not sure why someone wasted so many resources to attack me, but oh well.

I get my lvl5 archers in about 2 days. Will do Giants next I think.

Make sure when the upgrade turns that you have full army camps and the max amount of archers waiting to be created. When the upgrade goes live, the archers you have in waiting will be worth whatever the new price is, not what you previously paid. Sell them back for the new price = FREE ELIXIR.

Not worth much on barbs and archers upgrade, but you gain a lot when you do it for more expensive troops. Free elixir is free elixir.

So how does everyone have their camp setup?

I have 3 Gold/Elixir storages and 3 Mortars in a central square...then weapons/mines/drills surrounding that, then more weapons surrounding that.

For some reason it doesn't feel like I have enough walls to box in each item...and I don't want to just throw my gold mines/elixir collectors outside the walls because they have 100K+ storage capacity.

I have storage mortars and air defense surrounded by 2 layers of purple. Then pink beyond that. I dont get attacked that often as there are way more ppl with resources whose sugar walls are less tight than mines.

What determines if their gold/elixir is stored in their mines or their collectors? I just hit a guy for 215,835 Gold and 214,848 elixir and never touched his collectors which were protected in the middle of the camp. I attacked his mines and town hall. Nothing else

What determines if their gold/elixir is stored in their mines or their collectors? I just hit a guy for 215,835 Gold and 214,848 elixir and never touched his collectors which were protected in the middle of the camp. I attacked his mines and town hall. Nothing else

Depends on whether they have "collected" their gold/elixir out of the mines/pumps yet. If they haven't logged in in a while, all their gold and elixir is going to be in the mines.

Easiest way to tell is by looking at how full the storages are. If they have 200k gold and there's nothing in storage, then you know to attack the mines.

With the elixir pumps, you can also look carefully and see how full their are.

Depends on whether they have "collected" their gold/elixir out of the mines/pumps yet. If they haven't logged in in a while, all their gold and elixir is going to be in the mines.

Easiest way to tell is by looking at how full the storages are. If they have 200k gold and there's nothing in storage, then you know to attack the mines.

With the elixir pumps, you can also look carefully and see how full their are.

Makes sense, thanks.

I checked out of curiosity and found that opponents can steal 25% of what you have in storage (up to 199k) and 50% of what is in collectors. Apparently the cap on total amount of storage that could be stolen was to prevent big guys from reaming the little guys or something. This explains why recent raids have normally had less resources available and means there is no difference between housing 800k in gold storage and 2 million as both will have the same amount available for looting. Apparently hoarding resources is a better strategy than I thought. Thanks internet.

I checked out of curiosity and found that opponents can steal 25% of what you have in storage (up to 199k) and 50% of what is in collectors. Apparently the cap on total amount of storage that could be stolen was to prevent big guys from reaming the little guys or something. This explains why recent raids have normally had less resources available and means there is no difference between housing 800k in gold storage and 2 million as both will have the same amount available for looting. Apparently hoarding resources is a better strategy than I thought. Thanks internet.

I knew about the percentages, but are you saying there is a hard cap on amount available? Like no matter how much you have in storage/collectors, the max someone can steal from you at your level is (ex:) 300K?

So if you're at a certain level the most anyone could steal from you would be that amount, whether you have 1MM or 3MM?

I knew about the percentages, but are you saying there is a hard cap on amount available? Like no matter how much you have in storage/collectors, the max someone can steal from you at your level is (ex:) 300K?

So if you're at a certain level the most anyone could steal from you would be that amount, whether you have 1MM or 3MM?

Ive heard 300,000 is the max that can be taken

The little tub on the side of the gold collectors will also fill up if they haven't been emptied in a while.

I put in for 5 star barbs last night, it was a pain in the arse to get the 1.5 million elixir but it felt good to finally break into 5 star territory (or at least in a few days).

It'll be great when we can fill up the clan castle with 5 star troops

I don't care so much. I usually just blow my load with my clan castle on every attack anyway.

Back