• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

I'm going to rearrange my town here in a few. Losing every battle (could be because they destroy my town hall every time), but then still losing elixir/gold.

I have half of my Gold Mines/Elixir Collectors maxed out at level 11, and currently upgrading the other half. That takes care of anything I lose in battles plus some every time I let them fill up, so I just need to get a good arrangement for my town.

I just got ravaged. Dropped 2 four star lightning spells to destroy my mortar, then sent like 170 four star archers and a level three barbarian king on me. All for under 10k gold and elixer. I don't get it.

I've changed my strategy a bit in the last week.

Instead of settling for 60-70k gold opponents, I'll keep cycling until I find a big one with 150k+ in each. I've been keeping my trophies around 1100, and seem to find big hits pretty frequently. It definitely pays off to be patient.

I've changed my strategy a bit in the last week.

Instead of settling for 60-70k gold opponents, I'll keep cycling until I find a big one with 150k+ in each. I've been keeping my trophies around 1100, and seem to find big hits pretty frequently. It definitely pays off to be patient.

Thats always my strategy. haha

I knew about the percentages, but are you saying there is a hard cap on amount available? Like no matter how much you have in storage/collectors, the max someone can steal from you at your level is (ex:) 300K?

So if you're at a certain level the most anyone could steal from you would be that amount, whether you have 1MM or 3MM?

All my reading indicates there has and continues to be a cap. Found some thread with people bitching about it being so low at 180k but the cap number may have gone up. So yeah, after a certain point there is no downside to storing tons of resources apparently, except it will make you a bigger target I suppose.

It's definitely over 180,000. I'm pretty sure it's 300,000. Like I said, I hit 215,000 on gold and elixir earlier this week.

It's definitely over 180,000. I'm pretty sure it's 300,000. Like I said, I hit 215,000 on gold and elixir earlier this week.

The cap only applies to X amount that can be stolen from storage, there is no cap on collectors so they are a strict percentage. So if your 215k included collectors the storage cap could be lower. Either way, that kinda changes my strategy a bit since I know I can hold large stores and worse case I lose a few hundred K and get a shield. Still leaves me with tons of resources.

I had 1.5 million gold in storage that was surrounded by pink walls and defensive buildings also surrounded by oink walls. Some kid attacked me with 60 level 1 barbs and since I have my town hall outside, he managed to only destroy that one building thereby stealing 1000 of each resource and giving me a shield. Win-win.

The cap only applies to X amount that can be stolen from storage, there is no cap on collectors so they are a strict percentage. So if your 215k included collectors the storage cap could be lower. Either way, that kinda changes my strategy a bit since I know I can hold large stores and worse case I lose a few hundred K and get a shield. Still leaves me with tons of resources.

I had 1.5 million gold in storage that was surrounded by pink walls and defensive buildings also surrounded by oink walls. Some kid attacked me with 60 level 1 barbs and since I have my town hall outside, he managed to only destroy that one building thereby stealing 1000 of each resource and giving me a shield. Win-win.

Oh definitely. Town hall unguarded FTW

All my reading indicates there has and continues to be a cap. Found some thread with people bitching about it being so low at 180k but the cap number may have gone up. So yeah, after a certain point there is no downside to storing tons of resources apparently, except it will make you a bigger target I suppose.

I know that very early on when I was still moving up I was pretty sure I got 300K+ each of gold and elixir. The guy was remodeling his town and I guess forgot about it because a lot of buildings were on the outer edge of the map and he was arranging walls. That was pretty boss.

So I guess 300K from storage and then 25% of whatever he had in collectors/mines.

Dafuq. Apparently there are black Mohawk bros riding sheep or something that can just hop over walls

Yea, they've been adding new troops in the Dark Elixir barracks. I use those hog riders every once in a while.

I've kinda decided they're overrated though, since they don't do that much damage and they tend to run away from the rest of your troops quickly since they can hop walls.

So I just started playing this game a few weeks ago and clearly need some help with strategy. I've been gradually building up my gold/elixir collection and storage and training troops, upgrading canons, etc. Every time I log in, I get an alert that I've lost a battle, usually for only a few trophies, but its still annoying to lose all the time. So...

Fence strategy: what should be protected by fences and how often should I upgrade said fences?

Canon/Archer placement: what kind of coverage and protection should these provide?

Grouping things together or separating them? Right now, I have all similar items together in one tightly-packed unit. Should I spread everything out a little more?

What should be my priority in terms of upgrading?

Protect your resource storage first (not the collectors) in the center of your base, preferably with mortars. Debatable whether you should protect your town hall (I do). After that you probably want another set of walls to protect your weapons.

There defs is no hard cap on resources. Probs just a percentage. I hit last night on 250+ gold and like 315 Elixer in 1 raid.

Protect your resource storage first (not the collectors) in the center of your base, preferably with mortars. Debatable whether you should protect your town hall (I do). After that you probably want another set of walls to protect your weapons.

There defs is no hard cap on resources. Probs just a percentage. I hit last night on 250+ gold and like 315 Elixer in 1 raid.

That doesn't mean there isn't a hard cap...just that you didn't hit it.

I believe someone said 300K from you storage and then a percentage from your collectors....so you were still under that cap.

Actually, here is a wiki entry about it:

Loot

Gold/Elixir

Gold and Elixir can be stolen from three types of Resource Buildings: storages, mines/collectors and the Town Hall.
◾Storages: The percentage of Gold/Elixir that can be stolen from storages is 20% and is capped at 199k. This means that if more than 792k is being held in storages, it is subject to the cap.
◾Mines/Collectors: The percentage of Gold/Elixir that can be stolen from mines/collectors is 50% and is capped only by the storage capacity of the mine/collector.
◾Town Hall: There is an additional 1k of each resource that can be stolen inside the Town Hall.

Therefore, calculated loot = (20% x stored resources, up to 199k) + (50% x amount in mines/collectors) + 1k. This means that the maximum calculated loot, for each resource, that can be stolen from 1 opponent (with maxed mines/collectors and full storages) is: 199k + (6 x 75k) + 1k= 650k.

These figures are before the loot multiplier is applied. The loot multiplier is what is behind the loot "penalty" and the loot "bonus". The amount of available loot = calculated loot x loot multiplier. The loot multiplier is determined as follows:
◾5% for attacking someine with a Town Hall (TH) 4+ levels lower than the attacker's.
◾25% for attacking someone with a TH 3 levels lower than the attacker's.
◾50% for attacking someone with a TH 2 levels lower than the attacker's.
◾90% for attacking someone with a TH 1 level lower than the attacker's.
◾100% for attacking someone with a TH level equivalent to the attacker's.
◾110% for attacking someone with a TH 1 level higher than the attacker's.
◾150% for attacking someone with a TH 2 levels higher than the attacker's.
◾200% for attacking someone with a TH 3+ levels higher than the attacker's.

Maximum loot after the multiplier is applied is [(200%) x (199k + 6 x 75k)]+1k = 1.299 million of either Gold or Elixir. In practice this is almost impossible for someone to actually raid, though.

The comprehensive foruma for finding available loot is as follows:

loot = (loot multiplier) x [(20% x storage amt, 199k max) +(50% x mine/collector amt)] + 1k

NOTE: The 1k that the Town Hall stores is subject to the PENALTY but not the BONUS, as 1k of each resource is the most it can ever store.

Just got 460k gold and 450k elixir. It was a giant box base set up with stone walls. 3 level 3 giants, 60 level 3 barbs, and 55 level 3 goblins just leveled it with like half the troops alive at the end. I could not believe such an easy base had so many resources available.

Eta: TH is about to upgrade to level 7 so this was a great time for a big score. Need to get me some dragons

Last edited:
Back