• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

have you paid for gems or have you been able to earn them all?

I earned enough to get 500 gems for the third builder, then I got impatient and spent 10 bucks to get the 4th. probably won't try for 2000 gems to get the 5th, but might put 5-10 bucks into the game every once in a while when I want something cool to upgrade quick.

I'm spending all my monies right now on upgrading elixir and gold mines/storage. I'm not going to bother with defenses for a little while.

I'm also doing an attack every now and then to keep things interesting. Just did my first one where I didn't win first go. Can I specifically target the cannons with my troops or do they just make their way.

barbs and archers will target whatever is closest to where you drop them, goblins will target resources (storages, mines, collectors) and giants will target defense.

Gems are the only way to get moar builders

I just started playing....but this thing takes forever....anyone know which is better to upgrade first, elixir or gold?

It costs elixir to build gold mines and gold to build elixir collectors...I have 2 level 2 of each right now and am just adding more whenever I remember to check in on it.

Early on I might say gold is more useful, but it evens out in the long run. You will need elixir to build and upgrade troops, and gold to update walls, defenses and town hall. Where I'm at, it is a bitch to get elixir.

I got way into this last night, and ended up becoming king of the world. Screengrab:

sunny-techpocalypse.png

Build up your gold (for defenses) if you're only going to check in every few hours.

Build up your elixir (for troops) if you're going to be on the attack.

You can easily whoop up on people and add hundreds of thousands of gold/elixir in no time by choosing your opponents wisely.

Also, make sure you upgrade everything you can before you upgrade your town hall, even if it takes a few extra days.

Oops on the town hall, only 11 hours until I'm level five. My shield goes down in a day, I should probably start building walls and cannons and shit, right?

I downloaded the app and then deleted it, downloaded it again before I started actually playing. I had 14 hours before my shied dropped. Lol. Only died once and that was during the night I was building my mortar cannon

Anyone far enough along for dark elixir yet?

Nope. But I was looking at its price to use for my strategy. If I know I'm going to be away for a while ill buy the most expensive item/upgrade that I can find and tie my money or elixir up in that. And then when I return I cancel it. That way if I'm attacked I don't lose the gold/elixir because its technically in the item being built.

Very similar to the Simpsons game I play (minus the attacking) on my iphone. I'll keep going. Am I going to get really annoyed when people wipe me out constantly? I played a game online called Travia and I got sick of having to rebuild every day because I wasn't in a billion person clan.

Don't hate on Travia.... but that did suck.

So when the starting shield runs out, rando people or goblins can attack me?

Back