• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

MHBDemon

Reaction score
Anyone play this on iphone or ipad? It's awesome, and incredibly nerdy.

Last edited:
Better than Kingdom Rush?

I play it, too.

It's different from Kindgom Rush for sure. The only action in the game is when you attack another player. You're base is attacked offline, so you try to set it up to protect your gold/elixir, which is used to upgrade your defense/offense.

If your base gets overrun, you have a shield that prevents other players from attacking your for 8-12 hours.

You can join up with friends to give them troops to help protect their base, but you can't call in a higher leveled friend to wipe out a player that attacked you. I believe you can only attack players who's town hall (the main base) is within 1-2 levels of yours.

The freemium aspect isn't too bad. You don't pay to win, you pay not to wait. It's a fun game to check in on every couple hours, and as long as you don't mind waiting for your base to upgrade, you'll never have to pay.

Anyone want to form a Pit clan?

Very similar to the Simpsons game I play (minus the attacking) on my iphone. I'll keep going. Am I going to get really annoyed when people wipe me out constantly? I played a game online called Travia and I got sick of having to rebuild every day because I wasn't in a billion person clan.

Very similar to the Simpsons game I play (minus the attacking) on my iphone. I'll keep going. Am I going to get really annoyed when people wipe me out constantly? I played a game online called Travia and I got sick of having to rebuild every day because I wasn't in a billion person clan.

nah, you don't lose all your stuff when you get attacked and it rebuilds itself

I gave up on the Simpsons game. The Christmas thing was neat but then they stopped counting my XPs and I was just pissed about it.

On the last "time based" game I played (Smurfs village) you could go into your phones settings and turn the clock ahead by however long the build wait time was and then it would be finished when you reopened the app. It was really cool for about 15 minutes and then the game was no longer fun. Hope I didn't ruin this game for anyone, ill download it and give it a shot.

Started playing last night just for grins. Seems fun. I'll have a thriving metropolis in no time.

Just started playing, how important is the strategy of placing things. Like is is best to put the gold storage near the town hall or up in the corners of the map?

Just started playing, how important is the strategy of placing things. Like is is best to put the gold storage near the town hall or up in the corners of the map?

Your at-work poop time is about to skyrocket.

its hard as shit to get them later on without paying moneys

If you enjoy the game, you will want to add 3rd and 4th and 5th builders, so you can build more things at once. 3rd builder costs 500 gems, 4th costs 1000, and 5th costs 2000 gems. You can gain gems slowly by reaching certain achievements (1250 trophies gets you 450 gems) or by removing trees and other objects.

It's best to save them early so that you can more quickly get the 3rd builder.

Most people start out not knowing how valuable they are and use them quickly to generate troops or upgrade buildings.

If you enjoy the game, you will want to add 3rd and 4th and 5th builders, so you can build more things at once. 3rd builder costs 500 gems, 4th costs 1000, and 5th costs 2000 gems. You can gain gems slowly by reaching certain achievements (1250 trophies gets you 450 gems) or by removing trees and other objects.

It's best to save them early so that you can more quickly get the 3rd builder.

have you paid for gems or have you been able to earn them all?

Most people start out not knowing how valuable they are and use them quickly to generate troops or upgrade buildings.

I'm spending all my monies right now on upgrading elixir and gold mines/storage. I'm not going to bother with defenses for a little while.

I'm also doing an attack every now and then to keep things interesting. Just did my first one where I didn't win first go. Can I specifically target the cannons with my troops or do they just make their way.

I'm spending all my monies right now on upgrading elixir and gold mines/storage. I'm not going to bother with defenses for a little while.

I'm also doing an attack every now and then to keep things interesting. Just did my first one where I didn't win first go. Can I specifically target the cannons with my troops or do they just make their way.

if you're just starting, i'd suggest building the shit out of your base while you still have a shield

Back