• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clarence Thomas Speaks During Oral Argument

I think I remember the last time this happened and there was a similar thread on the boards then too.

Bob Costas has the play by play and so far he has noted that "Thomas is bright, articulate and generally well-spoken".

Oops, Costas may have stepped over the line with that last question..." many of your critics like to portray you as an 'Uncle Thomas', what say ye, Justice Homes!?"

Seven years isn't that long ago on the boards. The last time Thomas spoke was the day Wake beat Clemson to go to 14-13 (2-11).

Go Deacs!

He said something that three different people in the gallery all heard differently, and the court reporter may not have gotten the actual language. He allegedly said four words.

Seven years isn't that long ago on the boards. The last time Thomas spoke was the day Wake beat Clemson to go to 14-13 (2-11).

Wow, it's been a while since we've been that good!

And it was a joke about A Yale law degree being a credential of incompetence.

I don't know enough about the law to comment on weather or not Thomas is a good justice or not but I sure as hell would trade him for about 30 of my co-workers. There is nothing worse than people who talk just to hear themselves speak.

Let's just say he's got some interesting views.

Most witnesses say he made a joke about Yale, which makes sense given he has a large amount of contempt for his alma mater.

Big Georgia fan nowadays, so I can't complain.

There ya go.

Great point.

One of the last times Thomas spoke at oral argument was in Virginia v. Black, a cross-burning case in which Thomas ultimately dissented on the ground that he (alone among the justices) would have held that the First Amendment does not protect cross burning.

Obvious Caucasian-o-phile. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Great point.

One of the last times Thomas spoke at oral argument was in Virginia v. Black, a cross-burning case in which Thomas ultimately dissented on the ground that he (alone among the justices) would have held that the First Amendment does not protect cross burning.

You missed the joke as usual. My post was nothing- nothing- more than a shot at Go. Had nothing at all to do with Thomas.

I don't know enough about the law to comment on weather or not Thomas is a good justice or not but I sure as hell would trade him for about 30 of my co-workers. There is nothing worse than people who talk just to hear themselves speak.

neither do most (not all) of the people on here who blast him constantly

Great point.

He's also written several opinions concerning affirmative action that being with the sentiment "just leave us alone." Most of his views are archaic, and if he were more supported we'd all be detainees in a society that loosely resembled 1865.

Back